onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Kevin & Carol Buy the 'Vale; Update on July's Supporters Club Meeting

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

I could cry with happiness, that man almost destroyed our club, its now up to us supporters to back Carol and Kevin, thank you both, you have made Vale fans very happy, I can sense the relief already !! Season ticket money at the ready 😊

Good news.

But they can't do it on their own. They need everyone to pull together and try and afford a season ticket to help us rebuild the Club.

There's a long way to go but we at least have transparent and honest owners who have the Club at heart.

Thank you, Carol and Kevin.

Thanks to Carol and Kevin, lets unite and enjoy a club we can be proud of once more.

Thank you in particular also to organisers of protest groups, mark Porter and every fan who cared enough to demonstrate in the face of adversity, not for the first time. keep the faith, build, enjoy and be proud to be a Vale fan.

Well I have to say I've supported the Vale since 1964 and never had a season ticket just went to watch. Having left the UK and worked and lived abroad for the last 14 years I now feel I should invest in a season ticket even if I can't get there just to show my support.....thank you Carol and Kevin.....I'm Vale til I die, I'm Vale til I die.........and it feels like we've been reborn!

I could cry with happiness, that man almost destroyed our club, its now up to us supporters to back Carol and Kevin, thank you both, you have made Vale fans very happy, I can sense the relief already !! Season ticket money at the ready

Marge, I've got tears in my eyes as I type this, the club means so much to me and my family, always has, always will.

Well done, Carole and Kevin - you have rescued us from a seemingly never-ending nightmare. The sky's the limit now and we are with you all the way. I think you will see just how much we love this club now that you've taken over, starting with season ticket sales! On my birthday too!!

PS And thanks to Mark Porter, Black and Gold, and all the Vale fans who've gone out of their way to help bring this about - a new era begins!

Marge, I've got tears in my eyes as I type this, the club means so much to me and my family, always has, always will.

I agree Pete, my dad, his family, my grandad, its in the blood, I just hope we do something to get future generations into the club and make them as proud of our club as we are. 👌

Good news.

But they can't do it on their own. They need everyone to pull together and try and afford a season ticket to help us rebuild the Club.

There's a long way to go but we at least have transparent and honest owners who have the Club at heart.

Thank you, Carol and Kevin.

Took the words out of my mouth Nick :yes:

it's a long way home we know, but we guarantee Carol & Kevin we will be with them all the way :thumbs:

To paraphrase Winston Churchill , this is not the end, this is not the beginning of the end, but it is the end of the beginning. Like all Vale fans I am delighted that our beloved club is now owned by people of integrity. I do not ask for a huge cash injection to be wasted on highly paid underperforming players. I do not ask for us to be run as a vanity project where we spend more than we earn. I ask for sensible capital injection, commitment to the community, football to entertain us, presence in the community, good business practice to link the football with the business.

I have no doubts that Carol and Kevin will be good owners. I really hope that we can be good fans. We need to stop the negativity that has infected us for a long time. We need to eschew any goading or insults towards our previous owner, he has gone, we need to look forward. We need to do what supporters do, that is support our football team. We have to accept that we will lose games, players will sometimes play badly, but we need to show our support. We need to encourage the next generation of Vale fans, just as our Fathers and Grandfathers encouraged us. What has changed now, is that more and more Mums and Grandmothers come along, so the whole family needs to make Port Vale the destination for the north of the City.

We need to accept that Carol and Kevin will not always get it right, they are human. We need to support them and work with them to help us make Port Vale be the best we can be. If they make a decision with which we disagree, then, we have to accept that is their decision to make, and they make it with the right intentions.

For all those who in the past have said "I will not go back to the Vale until………" well the until (whatever it is) is now here, and now is the time to back the club.

We are, once again, a proper community based local football club, with a rich history and a promising future.

Well I have to say I've supported the Vale since 1964 and never had a season ticket just went to watch. Having left the UK and worked and lived abroad for the last 14 years I now feel I should invest in a season ticket even if I can't get there just to show my support.....thank you Carol and Kevin.....I'm Vale til I die, I'm Vale til I die.........and it feels like we've been reborn!

'At owrayt, owd 'un? Thayst cud do wi' startin' over :laugh:

Took the words out of my mouth Nick :yes:

it's a long way home we know, but we guarantee Carol & Kevin we will be with them all the way :thumbs:

Eyup Barry, what time must it be at your end? :smile:

It's a good day for anyone who has the welfare of Port Vale at heart. Hoping for even greater days to come.

Perhaps we won't ever know the full story but I must say it has been remarkably easy to bring in new owners of the club. It might just be that Norman was happy with the profit he was offered but 6 months ago I thought the only way out of this was admin.

Thank heavens its not. I may not be in the country next season but I will fulfil my pledge of buying home and away kits upon release. I'm also happy to build the club shop a new, modern website for cost which I offered to Norman but he chose against it.

Well done, Carole and Kevin - you have rescued us from a seemingly never-ending nightmare. The sky's the limit now and we are with you all the way. I think you will see just how much we love this club now that you've taken over, starting with season ticket sales! On my birthday too!!

PS And thanks to Mark Porter, Black and Gold, and all the Vale fans who've gone out of their way to help bring this about - a new era begins!

The ultimate birthday present CD :yes:

p.ps Penblwydd Hapus :smile:

Archived