onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Kevin & Carol Buy the 'Vale; Update on July's Supporters Club Meeting

mr.hobblesworth

Never met him but I am not making assumptions.

His track record before he came was good but he hasn’t improved the club in his 3 year reign.

The administration sales and marketing is a shambles which you would expect him to have some input.

In fact we have dropped lower down the leagues.

We need a complete overhaul of the administration and sales side.

He is in a senior position in the club and has been paid a big salary to do his job and I can’t imagine Smurthwaite has allowed him to get away with doing sfa.(or has he?)

If you think he is the man to continue the job tell me what he has improved at Port Vale except he is a nice man and talks to the fans which is part of his job.

It’s no use blaming Smurthwaite for all our woes and as he has admitted he knows nothing about football so you would expect Garlick with his experience to advise him.

So you have never met the man and yet you are privvy to the day to day running of the club.......You seem to enjoy picking on individuals at the club and then character assinating them, quite sad really that any prospective owners are only one step from being slaughtered by yourself without any knowledge of the situation

Advert

I am with most reasonable people here. Colin Garlick needs to be given an opportunity to show what he can do under different ownership. No one can doubt his willingness to meet fans and to open himself up to difficult questions. I also believe that Carol and Kevin, if they are successful, have enough business acumen to quickly identify if someone has the right skills, attitude, enthusiasm and commitment to hold down a very important job as CEO.

I am with most reasonable people here. Colin Garlick needs to be given an opportunity to show what he can do under different ownership. No one can doubt his willingness to meet fans and to open himself up to difficult questions. I also believe that Carol and Kevin, if they are successful, have enough business acumen to quickly identify if someone has the right skills, attitude, enthusiasm and commitment to hold down a very important job as CEO.

I am sure that like Smurthwaite, the Shanahans at present have little knowledge of how to run a football club. However, unlike Smurthwaite, they will listen and LEARN. I am sure that in their early tenure they will want someone in place who has that experience during which time Colin Garlick will be able to influence whether he is with us for the long term or not. I was never a fan of Bill Lodey and I am sure that he made many mistakes during his time as the club secretary but I’m sure the owners at the time were indebted to his knowledge of the club and the administration of running a football club. Time will tell if Garlick is the right man and I am sure that the Shanahans will make the correct decision which will be something new for the Vale in recent years.

So you have never met the man and yet you are privvy to the day to day running of the club.......You seem to enjoy picking on individuals at the club and then character assinating them, quite sad really that any prospective owners are only one step from being slaughtered by yourself without any knowledge of the situation

Very true words, well said. EMR is truly a bitter and sad individual.

You have one mouth and two ears. If you listen to the interview with Scott Brown,Scott clearly mentions Colin being involved in getting him to sign another year.

So perhaps he does do stuff as for marketing it’s been said on here countless times that NS didn’t really see the point. However if you look at things like the website and the social media team Vale are actually very forward looking and professional. Yeah things could be better but making out CG is useless is a bit much.

Individuals like Baldrick Brown who was an absolute disaster and caused us to drop out of Div 1.

But the happy clappers were saying give him until Christmas when we would have been dead and buried.

Carol and Kevin who have been dealing with Garlick will have a good idea whether they can trust him and if he can add anything to the club in the future.I think the club will be given back to the fans over time and wish them well in a difficult task.

I want Port Vale to move forward into a new era not saddled with Smurthwaites legacy.

I think you are naive if you think Garlick is the man to lead us forward because Carol and Kevin have a business to run and won’t have a lot of time to spend sorting out Port Vales problems.

Same as every other Vale fan I am waiting for Mr Blobby to go and even Attilla the Hun would be a better owner.

You will be saying give Smurthwaite another chance next.

Bring Dodds back your joking ??

He hasn’t played a single game since he went back to Chesterfield who have been struggling in the National League.

I thought we were looking to improve the team not signing bench warmers.It just shows what low expectations some Vale fans have.

He hasn’t played a single game since he went back to Chesterfield who have been struggling in the National League.

I thought we were looking to improve the team not signing bench warmers.It just shows what low expectations some Vale fans have.

As an ambassador not a player.

Totally agree! I said it when Aspin signed him, find my post.

A player, not wanted at all by a relegated team. They struggle to stay up a League below, and don't recall him, but he only goes back when we need to clear the loan deck.

Absolutely idiotic loan signing, on par with 98% of what else has been signed on loan, the last many many seasons. We get 1, 2 players MAX if extremely lucky, that works out every season. Jones, Whitfield, Clark. The rest ends up in the concessions, making tea within 2 games, if they even get one. We are a complete and absolute utter joke, at utilizing the loan market!

Askey really really needs to up our loan game, instead of just loaning players for the hell of it. If they can't strengthen the team and be involved in games on a regular basis, don't loan them! Do your homework!

Need to give him a chance under a new owner. I'd bring Dodds back too as some form of liaison type figure. Hugely popular and would generate income

Not being funny but wouldn't a legend like Earle,Foyle etc be better suited to that kind of role.....Dodds really????

Archived