onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister

mr.hobblesworth

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.

A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union.

So unless we get a withdrawal agreement through parliament, 'No Deal' still remains the legal default for Brexit despite MP's voting against it in March?

Advert

You asked where it mentioned a deal.  I have shown you.  I have answered your question without adopting your policy of replying with another question.  You should try it!!

I heard a lady on Radio 5 earlier debating about No Deal in which she complained that those doom mongers who were predicting bad things didn't know what they were talking about.  When challenged how she knew they wouldn't happen she said because nobody knows what will happen!!!  I couldn't believe what I was hearing - advocating a course of action whilst admitting that you had no idea of the consequences.

7 minutes ago, For Us All said:

So unless we get a withdrawal agreement through parliament, 'No Deal' still remains the legal default for Brexit despite MP's voting against it in March? You cannot ignore constitutional requirements which may prevent it..

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

You asked where it mentioned a deal.  I have shown you.  I have answered your question without adopting your policy of replying with another question.  You should try it!!

I heard a lady on Radio 5 earlier debating about No Deal in which she complained that those doom mongers who were predicting bad things didn't know what they were talking about.  When challenged how she knew they wouldn't happen she said because nobody knows what will happen!!!  I couldn't believe what I was hearing - advocating a course of action whilst admitting that you had no idea of the consequences.

Sorry I asked,have a good night.

20 hours ago, ginge said:

Well Rees Mogg and Raab both voted for the withdrawal agreement which RB obviously agrees with. 

That's some classic remainer logic again. Because I said a positive thing about someone I must agree with 100% of whatever they've historically said.

20 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

RB says Rees Mogg, Trump, Raab, Farage think like normal people. I rest my case, it's Loony Tunes.

Yet you haven't managed one single constructive point as to why?

There's hundreds of pages in this off topic forum of remainers simply announcing that I'm wrong without evidence and without showing any logic either.

The best anyone has managed is a few project fear lies and a bit of mud slinging.

21 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

And you say Sage writes garbage. Sorry but you are in a class of your own in writing garbage. You have quoted Project Fear time and time again. The consequences of No Deal are there for all to see, you choose to ignore. Johnson is a bully and has no intention of getting a deal, he wants to leave regardless. God help us.

Another example here, Project fear is real and demonstrable. I've provided a list of possibly 50 lies churned out by the project fear machine. It is a big reason that the good guys won the referendum.

PLEASE, PLEASE explain your reasoning for once, one of you. "The consequences are there for all to see" - Are they though? The consequences of brexit are bloody brilliant in my opinion so you are quite clearly wrong.

"Well the experts say that it will be terrible" - What experts, what qualifications do they have, what have they based it on, what variables did they include, what variables did they exclude, why have they been wrong about everything brexit related thus far?

These are legitimate questions.

9 hours ago, TheSage said:

You are wrong about this and always have been. I'm unsure if you know you are wrong but just won't admit it, or if you are wilfully ignoring reality and trying to con us all.

The Court concluded that lying about statistics was not political misconduct, largely on the basis that it's gone on since time began. It rejected the charge of misconduct. It did not say he wasn't lying as he clearly was. And don't try and argue he meant gross and not net and all that garbage. It didn't say gross, net or anything else - so he was lying. If my aunt had have been a man, she'd be my uncle. Let's just stick to the facts.

I'm not revisiting the learned opinion I've already quoted to you about this case. You ignore it all. But here are a few other comments on the matter-

Andrew Dilnot, the head of the impartial UK Statistics Authority, said the figure was "misleading".

It was savaged by the then Chair of the House of Commons Treasury Select Committee, Andrew Tyrie, who called it a “false prospectus” that amounted to “nonsense politics” and “a form of electoral bribery.”

Even Farage admitted that "making the claim had been a mistake" when pressed though we can't trust what he says!

We can't spend all that money on the NHS if we don't send it to the EU in the first place. So, there's more than one lie on the bus.

You have to give this up Sage. THE OFFICIAL EU BUDGET PUBLISHED ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE shows that the figure was accurate even if you CHOOSE to INTERPRET it as a net figure. You are calling the EU liars if you insist on ignoring objective undeniable evidence.

Your post is full of rubbish..."Farage says it was a mistake" ok how does that mean it was a lie? A lie and a mistake are different things.

"misleading" is not neccessarily a lie

"Electoral bribery" is pure fake news. Literally every politician that has ever lived is guilty if this is the standard.

"the court did not say he wasn't lying as he clearly was" - Have you heard yourself? That is total and utter rubbish. The court said (And I've posted this in full from the high court official site) that there wouldn't have even been a complaint had he said it was a gross figure. He didn't say it was a net figure so he was lying? What are you talking about?

I honestly cannot comprehend how you can seriously say, in the face of indesputable evidence that because the court didn't say he wasn't lying even though they chucked the case into the bin, that shows he was lying?

That is playground logic at best and I feel I'm being harsh on children there.

Just reading up on the cabinet appointments. Bravo.

Record breaking number of BAME cabinet attendees with 6, there'd only been 6 in history before BoJo stormed into number 10, the 4th most women ever.

What a fantastic start to his Premiership.

Keep up the good work Bo.

Not bad for a racist.

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

Just reading up on the cabinet appointments. Bravo.

Record breaking number of BAME cabinet attendees with 6, there'd only been 6 in history before BoJo stormed into number 10, the 4th most women ever.

What a fantastic start to his Premiership.

Keep up the good work Bo.

Not bad for a racist.

The chancellor would deport his own father. 

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

That's some classic remainer logic again. Because I said a positive thing about someone I must agree with 100% of whatever they've historically said.

Classic leaver logic is not being able to give one single benefit to his own life after leaving.

Part of me agrees with what RB said. Having two BAME people in the top 4 positions in cabinet is a positive and could be very inspiring to young Asian kids. Unfortunately, when you look at theirs and the rest of the cabinets records, I feel less positive.

Home Secretary: fired for endangering national security and lying to the PM about it

Foreign Secretary: didn't realise that Dover was important for trade

Education Secretary: Homophobe

Chancellor: Open to no deal (a chancellor open to no deal!)

Justice Minister: voted against human rights and equality, same sex marriage and to reduce access to legal aid

Environment Secretary: supports fracking and votes against measures to combat climate change

Business Secretary: Liar and tax avoider

Culture Secretary: Hates arts and wants less of it in schools

International Trade Secretary: wants to sell NHS

Secretary of State for Women: opposed measures to tackle DV and states is against feminism

Work & Pensions Secretary: oversaw Windrush

etc etc etc

RB, you really have been brainwashed haven't you? It's like trying to save someone from a damaging new faith.

Every man and his dog knows and accepts that the message on the red bus was a lie and trying to defend the indefensible is making you look very silly. I posted the truth about the figure. I'm not quoting chapter and verse all over again. The Court case was examining whether or not it amounted to sufficient reason to meet the legal criteria for misconduct in public office. The High Court judgement indicated that the judges were proceeding on the assumption that he probably had lied, or misled, and the challenges to the original decision by Johnson’s lawyers were not concerned with a defence of his character or conduct. His case succeeded on the basis that although he may well be a liar and a charlatan such conduct in itself does not meet the accepted legal criteria for misconduct in office. I don't think you understand what the legal case was all about. 

But then you didn't understand my argument about sovereignty either.

When you think that you can ignore the truth and through selective and partial reading of the facts prove that you are right you do so.

But when you can't argue back or hold a mature discussion based on common sense and logic, history and reality, you fall back on your two tried and trusted weapons "Project Fear" and "Fake News". I think you've used those phrases 3-4 times in your latest rant. 

This silly Brexit debate has increasingly polarised and prevented mature discussion and sober analysis of the changing situation. It really is like trying to argue with someone in some medieval religious cult, where everything is based on emotion and pithy catch phrases, and facts and objective reality are ignored. So, for example, Farage, had no manifesto last time out because he doesn't need one. Policy is irrelevant. A few choice catchy phrases will do the job and anyone who dares to question the new creed is pilloried for spreading lies and groundless fear. So there is no moral compass any longer. There is no truth. And that's exactly how the far right want it to be.

Anyone and everybody who takes a different tack is condemned from on high. The BBC. The Speaker. Channel 4. The media. The Labour Party. The judges. The Commons. May is now seen as a traitor!!  It's amazing stuff. But only believers can be admitted into the inner sanctum.

Sometime soon I'm hoping to wake up and find it was all a bad dream. 

Looks like the weather got the better of the Anti- Boris rally.300 turned up ,on college green,hosted by Steptoe.More people in Boris’ cabinet.How many members has the Labour Party got ?And McDonell questions recent poll ratings?🤔🤫

13 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Part of me agrees with what RB said. Having two BAME people in the top 4 positions in cabinet is a positive and could be very inspiring to young Asian kids. Unfortunately, when you look at theirs and the rest of the cabinets records, I feel less positive.

Home Secretary: fired for endangering national security and lying to the PM about it

Foreign Secretary: didn't realise that Dover was important for trade

Education Secretary: Homophobe

Chancellor: Open to no deal (a chancellor open to no deal!)

Justice Minister: voted against human rights and equality, same sex marriage and to reduce access to legal aid

Environment Secretary: supports fracking and votes against measures to combat climate change

Business Secretary: Liar and tax avoider

Culture Secretary: Hates arts and wants less of it in schools

International Trade Secretary: wants to sell NHS

Secretary of State for Women: opposed measures to tackle DV and states is against feminism

Work & Pensions Secretary: oversaw Windrush

etc etc etc

Blimey what a team when listed like that, bet Ernie will complain about that squad.

13 hours ago, TheSage said:

RB, you really have been brainwashed haven't you? It's like trying to save someone from a damaging new faith.

Every man and his dog knows and accepts that the message on the red bus was a lie and trying to defend the indefensible is making you look very silly. I posted the truth about the figure. I'm not quoting chapter and verse all over again. The Court case was examining whether or not it amounted to sufficient reason to meet the legal criteria for misconduct in public office. The High Court judgement indicated that the judges were proceeding on the assumption that he probably had lied, or misled, and the challenges to the original decision by Johnson’s lawyers were not concerned with a defence of his character or conduct. His case succeeded on the basis that although he may well be a liar and a charlatan such conduct in itself does not meet the accepted legal criteria for misconduct in office. I don't think you understand what the legal case was all about. 

But then you didn't understand my argument about sovereignty either.

When you think that you can ignore the truth and through selective and partial reading of the facts prove that you are right you do so.

But when you can't argue back or hold a mature discussion based on common sense and logic, history and reality, you fall back on your two tried and trusted weapons "Project Fear" and "Fake News". I think you've used those phrases 3-4 times in your latest rant. 

This silly Brexit debate has increasingly polarised and prevented mature discussion and sober analysis of the changing situation. It really is like trying to argue with someone in some medieval religious cult, where everything is based on emotion and pithy catch phrases, and facts and objective reality are ignored. So, for example, Farage, had no manifesto last time out because he doesn't need one. Policy is irrelevant. A few choice catchy phrases will do the job and anyone who dares to question the new creed is pilloried for spreading lies and groundless fear. So there is no moral compass any longer. There is no truth. And that's exactly how the far right want it to be.

Anyone and everybody who takes a different tack is condemned from on high. The BBC. The Speaker. Channel 4. The media. The Labour Party. The judges. The Commons. May is now seen as a traitor!!  It's amazing stuff. But only believers can be admitted into the inner sanctum.

Sometime soon I'm hoping to wake up and find it was all a bad dream. 

No use knocking Sage, RB is cocooned in his Far Right bubble.

Archived