onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

53 minutes ago, geosname said:

I wish people would stop with the millions of young people..... are they the same young people who commit knife crime..... take knives to school..... do stupid stuff to get hits on face ache.... get absolutely rat arsed..... joy ride.... get hurt feelings when people disagree etc etc?.... so what's changed?

Nothing's changed in that respect.

I was making the point that there was no majority for any form of Brexit in any age group below 45. Older people were the bedrock of leave voters and young people overwhelmingly remainers. So in the next election all those 15,16,17,18 year olds who could not vote last time out will now be able to vote and most of them are pro the EU. No one born this century voted to leave.

19 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I was making the point that there was no majority for any form of Brexit in any age group below 45. Older people were the bedrock of leave voters and young people overwhelmingly remainers. So in the next election all those 15,16,17,18 year olds who could not vote last time out will now be able to vote and most of them are pro the EU. No one born this century voted to leave.

If they did it would be illegal......

You are trusting to luck they will vote remain...... more importantly you are trusting to luck they give a toss and vote at all.

18 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Pro-EU,they don't know anything different.Are they aware of the youth unemployment figures in Europe?

They perhaps need a leaflet posting though their letterbox to inform them.

The older generation lived a life before the EU and the majority obviously couldn't see enough improvement in their lifestyles to justify voting to Remain.

6 hours ago, TheSage said:

Parliament will probably bin No Deal. There should be another referendum but leavers are running scared. So there could be an election that Johnson will lose. He could even lose his own seat. That's a real possibility. That would be funny. Everyone knows what a clown he is, accept you.

There will be millions more young people able to vote next time, plus the 1.2 million Brits living in the EU who were denied a vote in the referendum. 

I'm glad that you think all my posts on this thread have been made up nonsense because that means I'm doing a good job in not allowing you to get away with any of your lies, including the red bus. You'll just have to throw your toys out of the pram and fall back on your tried and trusted weapons of fake news and project fear. Always good to shut down debate.

Ok Sage, in the interest of everyones sanity and whatever perverse enjoyment we're getting out this thread, I'm happy to move on from the bus. I wont bring it up if you don't bring it up. That's the deal.

Though I will defend myself against untruths and I have not lied once and you do not have any evidence to the contrary.

And as for shutting down debate, that is so laughable when you post utter tripe such as far right and fascist and racist this and that.

I'm for freedom. That is a summary of my political beliefs in one sentence. I've not no interest in shutting anyone down unless they're lying or smearing me to try and shut me down.

6 hours ago, geosname said:

I wish people would stop with the millions of young people..... are they the same young people who commit knife crime..... take knives to school..... do stupid stuff to get hits on face ache.... get absolutely rat arsed..... joy ride.... get hurt feelings when people disagree etc etc?.... so what's changed?

The same young people who have nowhere to go because their youth clubs have been shut down and public services been taken away by the political choice of austerity from the tories.

6 hours ago, sbilli said:

Boris and Trump is the perfect clowns to normalise the new way of fascism.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

Did you actually mean fascism or are you another one who has no idea what it means?

5 hours ago, TheSage said:

And how many more people are now above 45?

It's crazy to think that everyone who didn't vote last time would vote to remain. Truth is you have not got a clue how they would vote and this is another one of the remainer "I can read the future" throw away statements.

Desperate in my opinion.

7 hours ago, geosname said:

This post screams anti-young people...and putting everyone into the same category....

I think you'll find old people do crime too. Doesn't mean they're all bad.

I didn't think you wanted a Deal, RB. 😉 

We know from last time out that there was no majority to leave in any of the under 45 age groups. Above that there was a majority and it got stronger the older the age group. So it's reasonable to assume that most younger people who are now 18 will vote to remain. Why is that unrealistic? I wasn't saying they will all vote remain but younger people are more open and tolerant and have been educated in a multi-cultural environment, travelled to Europe a lot I imagine on their holidays, and believe in the EU as the other 27 countries do.

I'm also interested in why ex-pats in Europe were not allowed to vote and indeed 16-18 year olds. It's their future not mine.

And yet we can have a nutter like Johnson as our PM, elected by fewer voters than the Bake Off winner, including 15 year olds, pushing us off a cliff with a No Deal Brexit that most people do not want.

6 hours ago, ginge said:

This post screams anti-young people...and putting everyone into the same category....

I think you'll find old people do crime too. Doesn't mean they're all bad.

It screams cycle of life...... the young who have all the energy but no experience eventually become the old who have all the experience but no energy..... the only real difference is the experience.

As for categories...... I didn't claim all the young will vote remain or all the old voted leave.

I think fascism existed before it was given a name Barry. 

I can't see Trump and Boris carrying off a Hitler and Mussolini pose somehow..... Hitler looked evil and his mate looked like a pompous loon..... a Mussolini double act perhaps 😊

6 minutes ago, geosname said:

I think fascism existed before it was given a name Barry. 

I can't see Trump and Boris carrying off a Hitler and Mussolini pose somehow..... Hitler looked evil and his mate looked like a pompous loon..... a Mussolini double act perhaps 😊

I did mean a twin Mussolini pose Geo 🙂 

Archived