onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister

mr.hobblesworth

23 hours ago, TheSage said:

RB, you really have been brainwashed haven't you? It's like trying to save someone from a damaging new faith.

Every man and his dog knows and accepts that the message on the red bus was a lie and trying to defend the indefensible is making you look very silly. I posted the truth about the figure. I'm not quoting chapter and verse all over again. The Court case was examining whether or not it amounted to sufficient reason to meet the legal criteria for misconduct in public office. The High Court judgement indicated that the judges were proceeding on the assumption that he probably had lied, or misled, and the challenges to the original decision by Johnson’s lawyers were not concerned with a defence of his character or conduct. His case succeeded on the basis that although he may well be a liar and a charlatan such conduct in itself does not meet the accepted legal criteria for misconduct in office. I don't think you understand what the legal case was all about. 

But then you didn't understand my argument about sovereignty either.

When you think that you can ignore the truth and through selective and partial reading of the facts prove that you are right you do so.

But when you can't argue back or hold a mature discussion based on common sense and logic, history and reality, you fall back on your two tried and trusted weapons "Project Fear" and "Fake News". I think you've used those phrases 3-4 times in your latest rant. 

This silly Brexit debate has increasingly polarised and prevented mature discussion and sober analysis of the changing situation. It really is like trying to argue with someone in some medieval religious cult, where everything is based on emotion and pithy catch phrases, and facts and objective reality are ignored. So, for example, Farage, had no manifesto last time out because he doesn't need one. Policy is irrelevant. A few choice catchy phrases will do the job and anyone who dares to question the new creed is pilloried for spreading lies and groundless fear. So there is no moral compass any longer. There is no truth. And that's exactly how the far right want it to be.

Anyone and everybody who takes a different tack is condemned from on high. The BBC. The Speaker. Channel 4. The media. The Labour Party. The judges. The Commons. May is now seen as a traitor!!  It's amazing stuff. But only believers can be admitted into the inner sanctum.

Sometime soon I'm hoping to wake up and find it was all a bad dream. 

You really are losing your head big time on this. I know you want it to be a lie, but you simply cannot aruge with the facts (I notice you haven't even attempted to engage with the smoking gun which shows it to be a true and accurate figure).

The EU budget 2015/16 as published on the EU website shows that the figure on the bus was accurate or underestimated depending on whether you CHOOSE to take it as gross or net amount.

If you want to continue with your crackpot conspiracy theories, you'll have to debunk the EU budget 2015/16.

Stop being so silly, I don't know what you are trying to achieve by clinging on to this ridiculous myth.

Advert

10 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Perhaps you would enlighten us on your definition of Far Right 

Well one of my principles is that I don't make up new definitions of words so that I can apply them to people falsely who I happen to disagree with.

Pick any mainstream and widely accepted (not modern leftist garbage) definition of the far right and post it here. You won't be able to apply it to me in the slightest.

In fact, if I was being pedantic I could say that many of the more vociferous further left posters on this website share more views with the far right than I do.

I think you know as well as everyone else that the far-right label was chucked into that post as an attempted insult and not because it is relevant or applicable in any way shape or form.

14 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Well one of my principles is that I don't make up new definitions of words so that I can apply them to people falsely who I happen to disagree with.

Pick any mainstream and widely accepted (not modern leftist garbage) definition of the far right and post it here. You won't be able to apply it to me in the slightest.

In fact, if I was being pedantic I could say that many of the more vociferous further left posters on this website share more views with the far right than I do.

I think you know as well as everyone else that the far-right label was chucked into that post as an attempted insult and not because it is relevant or applicable in any way shape or form.

Yet again you evade a simple question.  If the middle is a mixed economy, the Heath Conservative party    was to the left of the current Labour party. Quite obvious where the current cabinet is., 

Looking at the current Cabinet, I suspect some of them have Mein Kampf as their bedtime reading.

I see Rees-Mogg has sent an instruction to is office staff to only use imperial measurements.  So you can no longer own a 2 litre car?  And UK sprinters will be banned from running 100 metres?  The band 10CC will have to become .00176 pints? All 50 metre swimming pools will have to be changed?  I know that's all daft but not as daft as trying to eliminate recent history and education policy by returning to the great days of the Empire! 

Thanks you so much to the minister for the 18th century.

42 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

One thing I did learn in my working days was when in a hole don't keep digging. RB you have aligned yourself to the Buffoon and his right wing cabinet, so expect to take the consequences 

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

Looking at the current Cabinet, I suspect some of them have Mein Kampf as their bedtime reading.

I see Rees-Mogg has sent an instruction to is office staff to only use imperial measurements.  So you can no longer own a 2 litre car?  And UK sprinters will be banned from running 100 metres?  The band 10CC will have to become .00176 pints? All 50 metre swimming pools will have to be changed?  I know that's all daft but not as daft as trying to eliminate recent history and education policy by returning to the great days of the Empire! 

The problem is this cabinet still think we are at war with Europe 

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

I really miss half-crowns and the old sovs, groats were before my time.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

When did we officially go metric?

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

It's not daft Jean,..... apart from mein kampf on one side the little red book on the other and a cross between noddys day out and Debbie does dalas in the middle...... it sparked a few questions in my head..... when I get a check up in the UK I get the results in imperial, height weight etc but medicins in metric,  I didn't see any road signs in kilometres.... do they still sell ale by the pint? Eggs by the half dozen?..... it's much like parliament, confused and confusing, dragging the past into the future and misunderstanding both.

10 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Yet again you evade a simple question.  If the middle is a mixed economy, the Heath Conservative party    was to the left of the current Labour party. Quite obvious where the current cabinet is., 

I've not evaded anything.

I'm not far right, someone has accused me of being far right. It's up to him to explain how and why he holds that belief.

And I'll accept any widely accepted definition of far right that you can find. I won't accept a modern leftist weaponised vague definition which is used simply to smear and insult people who they disagree with.

9 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

One thing I did learn in my working days was when in a hole don't keep digging. RB you have aligned yourself to the Buffoon and his right wing cabinet, so expect to take the consequences 

Yet you are digging away?

I am right wing, I'm not denying that, but you didn't JUST call me right wing did you?

Maybe you've downgraded me to right wing, from far right, because you realise you've made a mistake? If so, I accept your apology.

If you are going to throw around stupid and nonsensical labels at me, at least have the decency to explicitly explain why you think it applies to me. Then I can debunk you and we can all move on.

Archived