onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister

mr.hobblesworth

11 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Didn't mean to knock the corner shop or small businesses Geo, they provide many jobs and hence taxes to the country and as such are a very valuable part of the UK economy..

No offence meant mate..... it just jogged memories of the old corner shops where you could pick up anything from a couple of slices of bacon to a sump nut for a mark2 cortina.

Advert

I think there is a lot of posturing and feather puffing going on at the moment..... hard nosed brexit talk for brexiteers and the EU so both will take notice for a different reason..... now there are mutterings of wanting a deal..... that's the backstop in case a deal can't be done.... ie the EU  won't negotiate etc.

There is also a lot of Tory flag waving...... Scotland and Wales visits..... the northern powerhouse (whatever that is) etc etc..... police recruitment more spending etc..... that was to be expected surely.

I think Boris actually wants a deal, for all his bluster and showmanship, he actually needs a deal, notably different than Mays deal to save face...... I also think privately the EU wants a deal although they can't afford to show weakness if agreeing to one.

If they can cut out the crap, get around a table, it could be done...... it's possibly the only way to stop the country being ripped apart.

26 minutes ago, geosname said:

I think there is a lot of posturing and feather puffing going on at the moment..... hard nosed brexit talk for brexiteers and the EU so both will take notice for a different reason..... now there are mutterings of wanting a deal..... that's the backstop in case a deal can't be done.... ie the EU  won't negotiate etc.

There is also a lot of Tory flag waving...... Scotland and Wales visits..... the northern powerhouse (whatever that is) etc etc..... police recruitment more spending etc..... that was to be expected surely.

I think Boris actually wants a deal, for all his bluster and showmanship, he actually needs a deal, notably different than Mays deal to save face...... I also think privately the EU wants a deal although they can't afford to show weakness if agreeing to one.

If they can cut out the crap, get around a table, it could be done...... it's possibly the only way to stop the country being ripped apart.

Johnson is hell bent on an election, they have covered the media for ages for the leadership election by a minute amount of the population, now roaming the country promising small amounts of money on projects already on the stocks. Northern Powerhouse an Osbourne idea to divert bad publicity that all tax payers money was spent in the South. Promised modern rail links etc, but Failing Grayling say no more. Police reduced by 23,000 since Austerity started, so just putting them back. Cant see the EU changing the rules for the UK. The future is grim.

10 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Johnson is hell bent on an election, they have covered the media for ages for the leadership election by a minute amount of the population, now roaming the country promising small amounts of money on projects already on the stocks. Northern Powerhouse an Osbourne idea to divert bad publicity that all tax payers money was spent in the South. Promised modern rail links etc, but Failing Grayling say no more. Police reduced by 23,000 since Austerity started, so just putting them back. Cant see the EU changing the rules for the UK. The future is grim.

There aren't any rules about renegotiating..... they can if they want to..... Will they?

3 minutes ago, geosname said:

There aren't any rules about renegotiating..... they can if they want to..... Will they?

Negotiations will take place after we have left, but we will be a third party country under WTO rules. We will still have our debts to pay under international law. We will no longer have a 2 year implementation period. They will only renegotiate if we amend our red lines and retain the agreed withdrawal agreement, with a further extension to do so. Could all fall apart if sufficient EU countries object. It will be hard for them to lose 10% of their trade with us, but we lose 40%, who is best placed to absorb the drop. Which leads us to who benefits? Who has the most tax havens?

On 27/07/2019 at 11:00, Regal Beagle said:

"Omg I can't believe we're making a super deal with the worlds most powerful and rich country and our closest ally, this really is typical Boris, he's only doing this to make himself look good"

He's had a brilliant start to life as PM, keep up the good work Bojja.

Prepare for remarks about #chlorinated chicken.🤣

Correct. And every politician he's met lately has told him he's off his head.

The tide is turning.

I think it was Maynard Keynes who once said, "When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?" 

Now that's a good definition of intelligence.

1 minute ago, TheSage said:

The tide is turning.

I think it was Maynard Keynes who once said, "When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?" 

When you are in a hole and carry on digging , what does that mean? The opposite ?

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

The tide is turning.

Yeah the tide is turning:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/07/30/boris-johnsons-new-pm-polling-boost-second-blairs-modern-times/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1159414/Boris-Johnson-new-pm-news-uk-news-general-election-latest-Jeremy-Corbyn-Labour-wales

https://www.businessinsider.com/conservatives-surge-in-opinion-polls-after-prime-minister-johnson-victory-2019-7?r=US&IR=T

Good luck with that.

And newsflash, in case you didn't get it from Brexit, Trump or the EU elections - People don't trust your politicians. The people trust Boris more than any remoaner MP spouting a load of made up nonsense.

I cannot wait to leave.

9 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/07/30/boris-johnsons-new-pm-polling-boost-second-blairs-modern-times/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1159414/Boris-Johnson-new-pm-news-uk-news-general-election-latest-Jeremy-Corbyn-Labour-wales

https://www.businessinsider.com/conservatives-surge-in-opinion-polls-after-prime-minister-johnson-victory-2019-7?r=US&IR=T

Good luck with that.

And newsflash, in case you didn't get it from Brexit, Trump or the EU elections - People don't trust your politicians. The people trust Boris more than any remoaner MP spouting a load of made up nonsense.

I cannot wait to leave.

That's the effect of propaganda mate.... the ability to make the sheep believe in unicorns and fairy snot

9 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Good luck with that.

I cannot wait to leave.

Parliament will probably bin No Deal. There should be another referendum but leavers are running scared. So there could be an election that Johnson will lose. He could even lose his own seat. That's a real possibility. That would be funny. Everyone knows what a clown he is, accept you.

There will be millions more young people able to vote next time, plus the 1.2 million Brits living in the EU who were denied a vote in the referendum. 

I'm glad that you think all my posts on this thread have been made up nonsense because that means I'm doing a good job in not allowing you to get away with any of your lies, including the red bus. You'll just have to throw your toys out of the pram and fall back on your tried and trusted weapons of fake news and project fear. Always good to shut down debate.

I wish people would stop with the millions of young people..... are they the same young people who commit knife crime..... take knives to school..... do stupid stuff to get hits on face ache.... get absolutely rat arsed..... joy ride.... get hurt feelings when people disagree etc etc?.... so what's changed?

Archived