onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister

mr.hobblesworth

4 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Honestly that post is utter garbage Sage. Talk about going over a cliff edge.

You are seriously telling me that we weren't fed lie after lie after lie about how horrendous the economy would be? The 950k job losses, the recession purely based on the VOTE to leave?

It's all garbage, every project fear prediction has proven false.

You say every "sensible" economist but what you mean is the one economist you've seen in whatever biased newspaper you read.

You have ZERO evidence to base your opinions on. You refuse to acknowledge time and time again the facts when it comes to sovereignty and democracy and you simply drag the conversation back on to the economy.

And your insistence on labelling everyone far right is seriously bizarre.

Farage, Trump, Raab and Rees Mogg are 4 people who can think like normal people. I'm not surprised you don't like them, they speak sensible and honest opinions.

And you say Sage writes garbage. Sorry but you are in a class of your own in writing garbage. You have quoted Project Fear time and time again. The consequences of No Deal are there for all to see, you choose to ignore. Johnson is a bully and has no intention of getting a deal, he wants to leave regardless. God help us.

Advert

20 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

And you say Sage writes garbage. Sorry but you are in a class of your own in writing garbage. You have quoted Project Fear time and time again. The consequences of No Deal are there for all to see, you choose to ignore. Johnson is a bully and has no intention of getting a deal, he wants to leave regardless. God help us.

Did I really read the Beagle saying Rees Mogg thinks like a normal person?????  And The Donald as well???  He thinks like a normal person??  Astonishing!!

27 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Did I really read the Beagle saying Rees Mogg thinks like a normal person?????  And The Donald as well???  He thinks like a normal person??  Astonishing!!

Well Rees Mogg and Raab both voted for the withdrawal agreement which RB obviously agrees with. 

My disdain for politicians is well documented on this and other threads.

That being said there are a few, very few, politicians who I admire a little.... not because of what they say but because of their belief in what they say..... even though I may think it's wrong and the majority of people think it's wrong.

Tony Benn was one, Mogg is another.... both on opposing sides of the political divide.

11 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

If you still think the bus thing was a lie then you've got serious problems.

Completely and utterly debunked by the courts, debunked by the OBR and debunked by the EU's own budget which proves it was accurate.

You are wrong about this and always have been. I'm unsure if you know you are wrong but just won't admit it, or if you are wilfully ignoring reality and trying to con us all.

The Court concluded that lying about statistics was not political misconduct, largely on the basis that it's gone on since time began. It rejected the charge of misconduct. It did not say he wasn't lying as he clearly was. And don't try and argue he meant gross and not net and all that garbage. It didn't say gross, net or anything else - so he was lying. If my aunt had have been a man, she'd be my uncle. Let's just stick to the facts.

I'm not revisiting the learned opinion I've already quoted to you about this case. You ignore it all. But here are a few other comments on the matter-

Andrew Dilnot, the head of the impartial UK Statistics Authority, said the figure was "misleading".

It was savaged by the then Chair of the House of Commons Treasury Select Committee, Andrew Tyrie, who called it a “false prospectus” that amounted to “nonsense politics” and “a form of electoral bribery.”

Even Farage admitted that "making the claim had been a mistake" when pressed though we can't trust what he says!

We can't spend all that money on the NHS if we don't send it to the EU in the first place. So, there's more than one lie on the bus.

The Tory Party is about to implode.

What has happened is that it's now been taken over by UKIP and others on the far right who are now only bothered about combating Farage and keeping their seats at the next election and have completely taken their eye of the ball about what might be best for Britain. 

At one time the Tories were the party of business and openness, a one nation party, the Unionist party. But now, alas, it has allowed the lunatics to take over the party, hell bent on following a ridiculous No Deal path because they think that's what will save their careers. 

I find it both disturbing and rather sad. It's no wonder the likes of Heseltine and Clark, among numerous others, have been hanging their heads in amazement and in shame. The new breed of Tory members has gone to the right and is now quite happy to ignore the facts, or find ways to compromise and keep the country together. As we saw from the poll of Tory voters last month, many of them are now happy to see the economy trashed, the same with the Good Friday agreement, and the future of the UK. All because they must have Brexit, regardless of the social or economic costs.

The polarisation continues. Xenophobia, nationalism and raw emotion now trumps sensible political discourse and reasoned debate. Facts no longer matter. Britain Trump represents everything that is wrong with politics in the UK.

Archived