onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Port Vale v Burnley

robf

Advert

11 hours ago, Phil said:
Capital One Cup  2012-08-14 19:45 Tu 14Aug 2012 19:45   Port Vale   1 - 3 Burnley 

result

Port Vale 1-3 Burnley

HT 1 - 3 FT 1 - 3 

2083.png435.png
Name Category Number Cards
C Neal (G) 1  
A Yates (D) 2  
J McCombe (D) 5  
(81) A Vincent (D) 10  
(46) J Davis (D) 17  
D Loft (M) 7  
J Myrie-Williams (M) 9  
(50) C Shuker (M) 15  
S Morsy (M) 18 Yellow card
L Dodds (F) 8  
T Pope (F) 11  

S Johnson (G) 12  
(46) C McDonald (D) 14  
R Duffy (D) 24  
D Murphy (M) 4  
R Lloyd (M) 22  
(50) R Burge (M) 23  
(81) B Williamson (F) 19  
Possession %
No data available

Shots on target

No data available

Shots off target

No data available
Corners
10/2
Name Category Number Cards
  1 (G) L Grant
  2 (D) K Trippier
  5 (D) J Shackell
  15 (D) D Edgar
Yellow card 18 (D) J Mills
  6 (M) C McCann
Yellow card 7 (M) R Wallace
  8 (M) D Marney
  11 (M) J Stanislas
  22 (M) B Stock (86)
  23 (F) C Austin

12 (G) B Jensen
  4 (D) M Duff (86)
  16 (D) L O'Neill
  28 (D) K Long
  36 (D) B Mee
  33 (M) S Hewitt
  27 (F) A MacDonald

REFEREE:Andy Haines    STADIUM: Vale Park

I don't think the squad we put out last Saturday compares badly with the one we had out for this game. A couple of good early results and a bit of confidence throughout the team and maybe? 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Disappointed to see in 2 games we have just scraped 2000 through the gate with an anticipated low gate against Bury mish mash team to come.

Crewe had 800 more than us for their game with Burnley. 

Why worry about the gates for what are after all glorified training sessions?

40 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Why worry about the gates for what are after all glorified training sessions?

Because a lucrative friendly can help budget wise surely ?

Someone of the ilk of Villa, Everton for example would guarantee a 4000 plus gate for one game. Other teams seem to manage decent opposition. I would imagine we have not even broke even. 

I'm just stating a fact that season after season in general our friendlies are abysmal and only attract the die hard fans. Bury on Saturday is truly appalling whilst the likes of Oxford have played Rangers. 

A decent game would attract the maybes and generate a lot more income for the club 

Proof of this Shrewsbury have just hosted Villa, the attendance ? 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Someone of the ilk of Villa, Everton for example would guarantee a 4000 plus gate for one game. Other teams seem to manage decent opposition. I would imagine we have not even broke even. 

I'm just stating a fact that season after season in general our friendlies are abysmal and only attract the die hard fans. Bury on Saturday is truly appalling whilst the likes of Oxford have played Rangers. 

A decent game would attract the maybes and generate a lot more income for the club 

I wouldn't go even if they played Real Madrid in a friendly.

Like I said, they're glorified training sessions and while they have value in informing the manager of the merits or otherwise of certain players in certain positions it's never much of a spectacle. I do concede the away fixtures are often good away days for the fans, purely because it's somewhere different to go and it's summer, but otherwise I can't see why fans would want to go. 

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Cambridge were also pretty much a sell out, against Leicester yesterday. Leicester brought over 1000 fans there...

Haven't read all of this but isn't the reason were playing lower quality friendly opposition to the clubs mentioned above because of the change of ownership? It feels like Norman was leaving everything to rot - imagine the big clubs get a lot of requests and little free time so we need to be booking that stuff in further ahead.

That being said I'm looking forward to our last warm game being against Bury's under 9's

22 hours ago, Emile said:

Haven't read all of this but isn't the reason were playing lower quality friendly opposition to the clubs mentioned above because of the change of ownership? It feels like Norman was leaving everything to rot - imagine the big clubs get a lot of requests and little free time so we need to be booking that stuff in further ahead.

That being said I'm looking forward to our last warm game being against Bury's under 9's

I'm sorry, but isn't friendlies the managers responsibility? And didn't Askey say, all through March/April, that he was preparing as if he was staying? So that would surely include friendlies! 

17 hours ago, PV1973 said:

What’s Norman got to do with it?

I think what Emile is saying is the fat cnut was still in charge while the friendlies were being arranged, and there's no way he would have paid decent money to attract decent opposition.

Archived