onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Port Vale v Burnley

robf

On 19/07/2019 at 13:27, elav trop 1876 said:

Dave lives in madeley met him a few times as he has gone burnley games with my mate (usually has a stoke on trent clarets flag)
Does as much work in the summer then casual work in the winter as he cant hold a permanent job as bosses dont seem to be able to give him time off for his beloved burnley..think if memory correct, him n his friend when young decided to pick a different team to support think his mate chose liverpool he then chose burnley ..
Certainly a character and top bloke , usually gets lifts to games sets off really early in case any hiccups or breakdown then has others supporters (both home n away fans) on stand by to carry on the journey to get him to the game in plenty of time.

I've read his two books. True dedication (and a bit mad). Helped me to keep faith in The Vale a couple of years back when we were close to the drop out of the league. I'd recommend them to any lower league football supporter.

I've never met him but I know his daughter, Clarette. 

Advert

6 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Played well for 60 minutes, then the subs came on.  We looked very weak thereafter.

Still looking very short of attacking options and goals.

I would have always expected a strong premier league line up to take it to us at some point in the game!

Good run out and Askey will have learned a lot against very very good opposition.

I think with Manny being missing and using Worrall in the centre we lose some attacking threat. IMO Worrall is better out on the right where he can link up with gibbons. 

But I wouldn’t be surprised if today’s starting 11 is the side Askey is thinking of playing come the first game of the season in the event of Manny not being fit. 

I thought we were the better team in the first half which,considering we were up against a strong premier League team, should stand us in good stead for the coming season. I agree the subs changed the game but by that time Burnley were getting the upper hand anyway.

I just want to give a shout out to Toni. 

He's the bloke who helps out all the ball boys. It was my suns first time being a ball boy today. He said he had a grate time. I said to him "So do you want to keep going? Even in the cold and snow." He said "Yeah man!" I said "That's a true fan rite there!" lol We will see in mid December!

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

I thought we were the better team in the first half which,considering we were up against a strong premier League team, should stand us in good stead for the coming season. I agree the subs changed the game but by that time Burnley were getting the upper hand anyway.

Agreed, I thought the first half was very encouraging.  All of the subs in the second half broke the game up too much and we struggled with some of the fringe players on.  Legge was very good throughout.

Thought Conlon and Joyce probably had their best games for Vale.

Joyce plays better in the centre in front of the back four and  Conlon was busy breaking up the play and supporting the forwards.

I think the team that started will be very similar to the starting eleven for the first game.

Bennett gives us another option and showed that he can play as well as Pope and can be used for his height attacking and defending.

Crookes seems to be improving and maturing with every game and again gives more height to the defence.

Smith and Legge did a good job marking their centreforward.

The second half showed that after the first eleven we are very weak in the squad  to have players who can come on and change the game.

Thought Conlon and Joyce probably had their best games for Vale.
Joyce plays better in the centre in front of the back four and  Conlon was busy breaking up the play and supporting the forwards.
I think the team that started will be very similar to the starting eleven for the first game.
Bennett gives us another option and showed that he can play as well as Pope and can be used for his height attacking and defending.
Crookes seems to be improving and maturing with every game and again gives more height to the defence.
Smith and Legge did a good job marking their centreforward.
The second half showed that after the first eleven we are very weak in the squad  to have players who can come on and change the game.

Yes Ernie, we will go into the season making 7 second half subs every game

31 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Yes Ernie, we will go into the season making 7 second half subs every game

Dosent stop what he said being true. After our starting 11 we have very little. Granted we didn’t have manny but other than him and Cullen we don’t have much. I’d like another pacey forward / winger on the bench just for the last 30 mins. 

Dosent stop what he said being true. After our starting 11 we have very little. Granted we didn’t have manny but other than him and Cullen we don’t have much. I’d like another pacey forward / winger on the bench just for the last 30 mins. 

Does not prove him right either

7 subs, game plan disrupted

We can make 3 subs, you just highlighted 2 decent players

Askey has not finished recruitment yet

Judge squad depth after ten games, not on a friendly where 7 subs were made

4 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Monty?

Very constructive summary. Useful to read.

I think the squad players, when all used together, are bound to be found out. Making so many changes is also disruptive, especially as Burnley kept the same team largely.

It's early days. Undoubtedly some of these squad players will either on the vine. Others will thrive.

Archived