onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Port Vale v Burnley

robf

Advert

34 minutes ago, robf said:

A thread to discuss the game.

Let's kick off with this story of dedication - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/19/burnley-two-games-at-once

I actually saw that last game he missed!  It was a midweek game and happened about 10 days after Newcastle had beaten Burnely 2-0 in an FA Cup semi-final at Hillsborough.  The Burnley players lined up to give Newcastle a guard of honour as they came on to the pitch in recognition of their FA Cup Final appearance then proceeded to play them off the park.  The score was only 2-1 to Burnley but could have been alot more!!

Let's kick off with this story of dedication - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/19/burnley-two-games-at-once
Dave lives in madeley met him a few times as he has gone burnley games with my mate (usually has a stoke on trent clarets flag)
Does as much work in the summer then casual work in the winter as he cant hold a permanent job as bosses dont seem to be able to give him time off for his beloved burnley..think if memory correct, him n his friend when young decided to pick a different team to support think his mate chose liverpool he then chose burnley ..
Certainly a character and top bloke , usually gets lifts to games sets off really early in case any hiccups or breakdown then has others supporters (both home n away fans) on stand by to carry on the journey to get him to the game in plenty of time.

but will leave at about 3.35pm to catch a taxi....it will take us to Longport train station for the 3.40pm to Crewe

VP to Longport station ready to board in 5 minutes? Don't think he'll make that!

Anyone remember 'footballs hardest away days' on Sky One about 15 years ago? Rocky the Burnley fan?

4 hours ago, robf said:

Dave was from Wolstanton originally I think; changed his surname from Beeston. I remember him telling the story about him coming on in a pre season game to a bunch of us.

Good luck with getting the train from Longport Dave - last time I tried a few weeks ago it was cancelled. 

5 hours ago, Doha said:

VP to Longport station ready to board in 5 minutes? Don't think he'll make that!

Anyone remember 'footballs hardest away days' on Sky One about 15 years ago? Rocky the Burnley fan?

Slightly off topic but I've just bought a book 'Fever Hitch' that's written by a blades fan who hitched to almost every game one season, he appeared also on Footballs Hardest Away Days.  He did a similar thing with a band that I like, only in this case 101 gigs, that's how I got to know about it.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/live-port-vale-burnley-report-3114755

Scott Brown; James Gibbons, Leon Legge, Nathan Smith, Adam Crookes; Luke Joyce, Tom Conlon, David Worrall, David Amoo, Tom Pope, Richie Bennett.
Subs: Johnny Maddison, Connell Rawlinson, Kieran Kennedy, Scott Burgess, Dan Trickett-Smith, Mark Cullen, Callum Evans, Ryan Campbell-Gordon.

2 minutes ago, ginginator said:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/live-port-vale-burnley-report-3114755

Scott Brown; James Gibbons, Leon Legge, Nathan Smith, Adam Crookes; Luke Joyce, Tom Conlon, David Worrall, David Amoo, Tom Pope, Richie Bennett.
Subs: Johnny Maddison, Connell Rawlinson, Kieran Kennedy, Scott Burgess, Dan Trickett-Smith, Mark Cullen, Callum Evans, Ryan Campbell-Gordon.

4-4-2 with Pope and Bennett up top and Amoo + Worrall on the wings?

Or 4-3-3 with Worrall at CM?

Archived