onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Racism in our political parties.

mr.hobblesworth

Of 863 complaints overall, 454 (53%) are unresolved, including 249 where the party has not started an investigation. There are 176 ongoing probes. Just 29 cases have been referred to the body authorised to expel individuals.

Of 409 cases where a decision was reached, 191 members faced no further action and 145 received a formal warning — which has no impact on membership or ability to stand as party candidate. Fewer than 30 were expelled; the rest left the party of their own accord.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/labour-s-hate-files-expose-corbyn-s-anti-semite-army-9zzl0gxpv

I don't know how reliable the 0.06% figure is when the accusation against the Labour party is that they are actively delaying and blocking cases and further accusations that the resolutions are not satisfactory.

Corbyn's office has been involved in blocking or delaying 101 complaints.

And on a personal note - 863 complaints out of a membership of 540,000 represents around 0.15%, which is higher than the 0.11% when you take 79,000 recorded hate crimes out of a population of 66,000,000.

So the rate of alleged anti-semitism in the labour party is higher than the rate of alleged hate crimes (all types) in the wider population.

Advert

Jewish people have always been the target of the envious.Clever with money and keeping hold of it to make more.Many shops e.g. Marks and Spencer’s,Lewis’etc were set up by Jews.Anyone remember Barry and Allen Furniture in Hanley.Jewish owned.The current spate of anti-semitism ,IMO,comes from a new breed of left winger akin to communists who have always hated Jewish people.I always remember my mum refer to a person who walked about a lot as a ‘wandering Jew’.At the same time she used to knit sweaters with N Brown wool.It was accepted as the norm 60 years ago.It obviously wasn’t right but it should be a thing of the past by now.I have a great mate who is Jamaican.His son is one of my grandson’s best mates.Islamaphobia has increased in recent years mainly due to terrorist attacks.Most Muslims are decent hardworking people who want nothing to do with the death cults.I have said youngsters don’t have a problem with race and eventually we can hope it vanishes all together.

The Jews eh...... they open shops and businesses, employ people, sell us the goods we want.... and then what do they do...... invest the profit in other shops and businesses and employ more people...... I mean...... who does that.... right.

18 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Jewish people have always been the target of the envious.Clever with money and keeping hold of it to make more.Many shops e.g. Marks and Spencer’s,Lewis’etc were set up by Jews.Anyone remember Barry and Allen Furniture in Hanley.Jewish owned.The current spate of anti-semitism ,IMO,comes from a new breed of left winger akin to communists who have always hated Jewish people.I always remember my mum refer to a person who walked about a lot as a ‘wandering Jew’.At the same time she used to knit sweaters with N Brown wool.It was accepted as the norm 60 years ago.It obviously wasn’t right but it should be a thing of the past by now.I have a great mate who is Jamaican.His son is one of my grandson’s best mates.Islamaphobia has increased in recent years mainly due to terrorist attacks.Most Muslims are decent hardworking people who want nothing to do with the death cults.I have said youngsters don’t have a problem with race and eventually we can hope it vanishes all together.

Race hate is like hepatitis..... the surface symptoms may disappear but the virus is just dormant waiting to reappear

Well surprisingly labour have selected a Muslim with a history of anti semitic tweets to stand against Boris in the next GE. 

He claims to be sorry and profoundly embarrassed by his tweets but advertises the fact that he still works closely with pro Hamas and other Palestinian groups who advocate for the destruction of Israel. 

No. Hitler wasn't left wing, geo. The Holocaust was driven by right wing philosophy.

Any form of discrimination based on a whole host of factors - race, colour, religion, etc. - can rear its head across all sections of society.

I don't disagree with much of what Howjy says, though as we've mentioned a lot already there is a distinction to be drawn between the policies of the Israeli state, and in particular towards the Palestinians, and hatred of the Jewish race per se. 

The same with other throw away, rather stupid comments made about Muslims or black people. I don't think some folk - like Johnson or Trump - always engage their brains before speaking.

Older folk still refer to black people as 'coloured' which of course is frowned upon nowadays but isn't meant to be offensive by the older generation.

Does an odd daft statement necessarily make someone 100% racist? I don't think it does.

On a wider issue, Mr H does, I think, make a valid point about the criticism - way over the top - that all Labour leaders get from the Establishment and most of the press in this country, always have done and always will do, because they are seen as a threat to the status quo, the ruling classes. Anyone left of centre who threatens their privilege and status is mercilessly hounded and pilloried. So when anti-semitism raises its ugly head - and there does seem to be some validity in these accusations - then those on the right gladly magnify it out of all proportion and keep it in the public eye to make sure such vilification doesn't go away in the minds of the voters. It is not done to the same extent with Tory leaders because they don't threaten the moneyed classes who will always gain financially from a right wing government. So I do think he makes a fair general point.

43 minutes ago, TheSage said:

No. Hitler wasn't left wing, geo. The Holocaust was driven by right wing philosophy.

Any form of discrimination based on a whole host of factors - race, colour, religion, etc. - can rear its head across all sections of society. 

I don't disagree with much of what Howjy says, though as we've mentioned a lot already there is a distinction to be drawn between the policies of the Israeli state, and in particular towards the Palestinians, and hatred of the Jewish race per se. 

The same with other throw away, rather stupid comments made about Muslims or black people. I don't think some folk - like Johnson or Trump - always engage their brains before speaking. 

Older folk still refer to black people as 'coloured' which of course is frowned upon nowadays but isn't meant to be offensive by the older generation. 

Does an odd daft statement necessarily make someone 100% racist? I don't think it does.

On a wider issue, Mr H does, I think, make a valid point about the criticism - way over the top - that all Labour leaders get from the Establishment and most of the press in this country, always have done and always will do, because they are seen as a threat to the status quo, the ruling classes. Anyone left of centre who threatens their privilege and status is mercilessly hounded and pilloried. So when anti-semitism raises its ugly head - and there does seem to be some validity in these accusations - then those on the right gladly magnify it out of all proportion and keep it in the public eye to make sure such vilification doesn't go away in the minds of the voters. It is not done to the same extent with Tory leaders because they don't threaten the moneyed classes who will always gain financially from a right wing government. So I do think he makes a fair general point.

It's not a fair point at all.

The left literally makes up racism all the time to falsely accuse the right. You've done it yourself many times in the brexit "debate".

You know for a fact that if we reverse this discussion and I was posting that it's a tiny fraction of tory members (Even though I'm not a tory member myself) accused of racism that I would be being called all the names under the sun on this website.

The left absolutely do not get to play the victim card the first time they get called out for their bigoted extreme and intolerant ideologies.

I called this many months ago by the way, I told you all that the majority of racism in the UK today is on the left and I was laughed out of the thread. That is what happens when you promote this intersectional identity politics garbage that the media is so keen on nowadays. It's cultism.

4 hours ago, geosname said:

Weaponised politics?

#Trump#DrainTheSwamp#ICE

Comments?

Can't get link to work

Basically it's about the outcry against trumps wall and detentions at boarders..... showing kids in cages and, I think, a number of dead bodied...... but there is a kicker to the outrage..... the photos used to condemn trump were taken in 2014 under the Obama administration.

There are other bits too.

Archived