onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood

robf

Advert

58 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Midfield looks extremely weak. No chance in the league with that, granted manny isn’t playing but going off last year he may miss a few. Said a while ago we need another CM and we definitely do. 

Said this all along - just hope that Whitfield goes so that we can get someone in like Durrell. Sounds like we need it because it's doubtful that Manny will be in the team every week.

I thought that was a very decent performance against higher league opposition.  To be fair I wasn't at all impressed with Fleetwood - are they rubbish or did we just make them look rubbish? 

I really like Cullen - he holds the ball up well and hardly ever loses it.  Amoo will be a handful for fullbacks in our league and his goal was an absolute belter.  Worrall ran his wotsits off as usual and I don't really think you could identify anyone who didn't put a decent shift in.  I suspect Saturday will be harder.

In all seriousness our best 11 should be good for a top half finish,  top 10 with a bit of luck. But we are still another decent midfielder short in a perfect world. I'd like another forward to, even if it's a loan signing. 

41 minutes ago, mikey said:

no Cummings tonight?

No, Cummings was absent. Anyone know the story there?  We still need cover at RB for no other reason than Gibbo will get sent off twice a season, plus, as we all know Rawlinson is no full back, he looks far better at CB and did his chances no harm this evening.  It would appear that Askey is willing to give him a chance, unlike Whitfield.

Without Manny in central midfield we have no power in that area.  What we do have are a lot of energetic players, several of whom are a bit too similar for my liking in our small squad. Burgess, Trickett Smith, Conlon, Joyce and Lloyd, all full of running and quite technical, decent enough but all a bit too much alike in my opinion.

I like the look of Cullen but we still desperately need another decent striker if we are to really push on.

Archived