Home Forum News History Predictions About Contact
robf

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood

Joey Barton just been charged with ABH so try to dodge the media scrum if you're heading up tonight.

• Haha 2

Certainly will be interesting following this morning's developments!

Personally looking forward to seeing us pit our wits against higher division opposition, seeing how we set up and get another look at our new signings and trialists. Great to get back down to Vale Park!

With only 3 games to go before the start of the season I’d imagine we’ll be seeing formations and partnerships that Askey has in mind for the start of the season. 

That back 4 looks like the starting back 4 to me. Worrall and Amoo either side of a striker up top looks nailed on for me. I’m assuming Manny is injured, but if he’s fit swap Lloyd for him and that’s a starting midfield 3 too.

Edited by PV1973

Lloyd is probably playing wide in the 3, Joyce central. So I reckon Joyce is actually Mannys replacement in the middle

• Like 1

Clint Hill is nearly as big a weapon as Barton. When I think of him I always remember the time he got sent off against us for two ****head bookings. Can’t believe that was almost *20 years* ago.

50 minutes ago, Emile said:

Lloyd is probably playing wide in the 3, Joyce central. So I reckon Joyce is actually Mannys replacement in the middle

Yes, think you're right.

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid

No way should we be starting Lloyd in the league.

Looks like Amoo is our main outlet, rightly so because of his pace, but sometimes it’s at the expense of our right hand side because we’re making good runs out there to create space too and it’s not going out to them. 

Not convinced that Cullen is the man to be getting on the end of crosses from the wings. Great to feet and over the top because he’s a different option to Pope.

• Like 1

Midfield looks extremely weak. No chance in the league with that, granted manny isn’t playing but going off last year he may miss a few. Said a while ago we need another CM and we definitely do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That says it all. He probably isn’t going to feature for Askey. That’s how harsh football can be. 

Good run out tonight though. What a goal too. 

Edited by PV1973