onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Budget?

Griffalo

I find it unbelievable that even after the Shanahans have paid way over the odds to extricate our club from Smurthwaites grip and saved us from almost certain oblivion, some are still whinging like petulant children just because they haven't  splashed fortunes on the playing budget.

If the Shanahans read this forum I would like them to know I am eternally grateful that you rescued Port Vale and that the vast majority of supporters understand and respect the fact that for the short term at least we have to manage expectations. 

Advert

It’s a tricky one, the last three or four years have felt like we’ve gone into it writing it off and saying maybe next year or this is a year of getting through it... but this is actually the case that we’ve got proper owners now with the Vale at heart...

Give them this year to get the foundations built and we can hopefully progress.

All I personally ask is that we are not in any relegation battle at any point this season. A forth season of stress worrying would be tough to go through again! Happily float around 12-14th constantly well clear of the drop!

I think the team has been improved by 2 or 3 signings.(Cullen,Bennett and Amoo)

The most disappointing thing is that some of the budget has been wasted replacing the players who have left with even worse signings just to fill places in the squad.

I expected a smaller squad of better quality players but better players competing for a first team place.

We have all seen Brown and Aspin throw away money on poor non league gambles which seems to have been repeated by Askey.

We don’t need a reserve team squad and should be using that to bring on our own players from the youth team.As a Div 2 club can we afford to pay players to play reserve team football.

It is obvious that the club were held to ransom by the Fat Controller and had to pay 5.8 million to be rescued.800k will be repaid in January from the Hugill money.

I just hope it was money well spent and not just delaying our demise.

I find it unbelievable that even after the Shanahans have paid way over the odds to extricate our club from Smurthwaites grip and saved us from almost certain oblivion, some are still whinging like petulant children just because they haven't  splashed fortunes on the playing budget.
If the Shanahans read this forum I would like them to know I am eternally grateful that you rescued Port Vale and that the vast majority of supporters understand and respect the fact that for the short term at least we have to manage expectations. 

This is the post of the year for me , absolutely spot on the amount of moaning and whinging on social media is incredible. People have short memories

The over the top negative comments on here are one of the reasons I just skim read the first few posts before they get hijacked by folk with an agenda to further their own notoriety.

I begin to worry when Carol posts on Facebook a picture of her grandson saying this is what is important in life and you can't please all of the people all of the time.

We have been so lucky to get Carol and Kevin, Bury Notts County and Bolton would think they had won the lottery if they were at their clubs.

26 minutes ago, blackdog said:

The over the top negative comments on here are one of the reasons I just skim read the first few posts before they get hijacked by folk with an agenda to further their own notoriety.

I begin to worry when Carol posts on Facebook a picture of her grandson saying this is what is important in life and you can't please all of the people all of the time.

We have been so lucky to get Carol and Kevin, Bury Notts County and Bolton would think they had won the lottery if they were at their clubs.

Couldnt agree more with your post Black Dog... slow and steady is the way to go and in Carol and Kevin we trust.

there will be ups and downs along the way but the most important thing is that our owners INTENTIONS when it comes to Port Vale will always be good and for the benefit of the club and community! That’s worth more than people realise!

I wouldn’t worry too much though... the Main Moaner thinks Tongue was a winger. So that shows the level of knowledge you are dealing with 😉

12 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Off the shelf template kit,

To get a bespoke kit would have depended on our previous owner getting his act together long before he left.  You can't expect new owners to have done it in less than three months.

Smurthwaite has royally shafted us.

Anyone with eyes in their head and half a brain can see this. The whole infrastructure of the club has been run into the ground. It’ll cost/be costing a packet, to bring the infrastructure up to the high standards required by the new owners.  This, on top over the over inflated purchase price demanded by the previous owner, will massively affect this seasons playing budget.  

Considering the above I think we’re in a good place with the budget.  Next season, all things being equal, we should hopefully see a bit more cash in the pot to spend on the team.

Anyway, we’ve all seen before that the size of the playing budget isn’t the be all and end all.  The beauty of this great game is that nothing is certain, what I hope is that we have that little bit of luck on the pitch this season, something I feel that’s been lacking this last few seasons, despite the obvious complete mismanagement.

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Couldnt agree more with your post Black Dog... slow and steady is the way to go and in Carol and Kevin we trust.

there will be ups and downs along the way but the most important thing is that our owners INTENTIONS when it comes to Port Vale will always be good and for the benefit of the club and community! That’s worth more than people realise!

I wouldn’t worry too much though... the Main Moaner thinks Tongue was a winger. So that shows the level of knowledge you are dealing with 😉

He did a better job than Dodds.

Just remind me how many goals he scored for Vale last season and stole a wage.

Before you start moaning about bringing up old news you are the one who raised the subject.

about Tonge and Pugh.

Archived