TylerB

Premier League Season 2019/20

2 hours ago, TylerB said:

Well they did sign Moses Kean from Juventus who's a very promising youngster and a goal-scorer prior to signing Iwobi. And I'm not one to give Everton undue credit. But Iwobi if nothing else works hard for his team and I think he will do alright there where he will start more games. Rightly or wrongly, 35 million in today's market is peanuts for a somewhat promising young International really. 

It will be interesting to see what kind of reception Zaha gets from the Palace fans today after putting a transfer request in?

6 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Promising youngster ? He’s 23, and has only scored 11 league goals in total since his debut in 2015 ! 

There may be more to come from him (although I doubt it) but I just don’t see how his stats to date add up to his purchase price.

This is not a criticism of Iwobi personally, but more a reflection of how out of control the Greed Is Good League has become.

Yeah, he's not a kid, but he's the same age as Raheem Sterling and still has years to improve. If you go by goals to minutes his record is more than satisfactory, and that includes 2 goals in 2 and a half games for Italy. He's an excellent signing for them and if he plays every week he'll score goals for Everton without any shadow of a doubt.

Edited by TylerB

On 10/08/2019 at 09:34, TylerB said:

Yeah, fantastic stuff by United. Linked with world-class players all summer and you end up with Wan-Bissaka, Maguire and Daniel <ovf censored> James!  😂

I reckon you'll struggle to finish above Wolves and Everton this season unless your yougsters such as Greenwood and Gomes can make a big impact. A forward line of Rashford, Martial and a kid is an absolute joke!

Skint or not, Liverpool will finish God knows how many points above your bunch of jokers again, that's for sure. 

Just the four from the joke forward line,to start with,You never learn Tylerla.😉

When was the last time Chelsea lost a game 0-4? Although the scoreline didn't really reflect what I saw on MOTD.

It's looking like a very competitive season again. Stupidly, I thought WHU might have given City a game but City are so fast in the final third ... and De Bruyne is as classy a midfielder as you'll see with the ball at his feet.

Empty seats at Newcastle. Their woes continue.

Nice to see some young English talent in most teams yesterday.

On 12/08/2019 at 09:36, Howjy04 said:

Just the four from the joke forward line,to start with,You never learn Tylerla.😉

United were ruthless on the day in front of goal, I'll give credit for that. But for 60 minutes there was nothing in it and you both looked like two very average sides. I still think with everyone fit Chelsea have a better squad of players than you, considering they were without the likes of Rudiger, Kante, Loftus-Cheek, and Hudson-Odoi the other day. But you might finish above them based on the fact that you have better forwards. You're not getting where you would like to be with Giroud and Abraham as your two options...

Maguire is a good signing, despite the price tag, and is a big improvement on what you had before. Wan-Bissaka could become top notch. But in my opinion you needed at least another two or three of those calibre signings.

Edited by TylerB

As for the rest, City looked like City. Arsenal have made a couple of exciting signings but not the signings they desperately need, so they will be the same old Arsenal this season. Liverpool won 4-1 but thought they were bang average by their usual standards on the night and can certainly improve. Tottenham made hard work of their win over Aston Villa but will always have a chance with Kane up front. I'd take him over Aguero every day of the week, although they are both brilliant.

Edited by TylerB

On 12/08/2019 at 11:06, TheSage said:

Empty seats at Newcastle. Their woes continue.

Some of the occupants were marching up Northumberland Street waving anti-Ashley banners. 

Yes, I realised they were demonstrating still against the CFB. When will it all end?

Has Ashley released a bit more cash this summer for players or is that just my perception from afar? The trouble is that the gulf between the better teams and the rest gets wider each year so spending only a few quid still means you are more or less standing still. Big shoes to fill for Bruce.

Poor performance today from what looks to me a poor Chelsea team. 

Whatever Lampard may have learnt under Mourinho, it certainly wasn’t The Portuguese’s defensive skills.

Time and again a simple Leicester pass had the visitors onto the home backline with little cover from midfield and with a little more composure they would surely have won.

Early days, but to me Lampard already looks out of his depth as a coach/manager. One season coaching in the Championship should not entitle him to such a big appointment. 

On 13/07/2019 at 17:33, RailwayRowdy said:

Only one prediction from me on the nauseating Greed Is Good League. Blades, with Chris Wilder in charge, will NOT get relegated. 

Whatever else happens in this God forsaken division,  I don’t give a monkey’s.

You could be right after yesterday's performance.

Just a reminder of how quickly things in football can change.On August 19th,2016 Bolton were top of League One with 9 points from 3 games,Chesterfield were in 2nd place with 7 points and Vale were in 5th place also with 7 points.

Sheff.Utd were in 22nd place with 1 point from 3 games.

Since the 2016/17 season Chris Wilder has won 77 games with the Blades and the only manager with more wins is Pep Guardiola with 88 wins.

He has done a tremendous job with his boyhood club and deserves a lot of credit.

• Thanks 1

On 18/08/2019 at 10:55, RailwayRowdy said:

Poor performance today from what looks to me a poor Chelsea team. 

Whatever Lampard may have learnt under Mourinho, it certainly wasn’t The Portuguese’s defensive skills.

Time and again a simple Leicester pass had the visitors onto the home backline with little cover from midfield and with a little more composure they would surely have won.

Early days, but to me Lampard already looks out of his depth as a coach/manager. One season coaching in the Championship should not entitle him to such a big appointment. 

To be fair I'm not sure Mourinho could have got much more out the likes of Zouma, Christensen and Emerson. Even Azpilacueta seems on the wain somewhat and he's been terrific for Chelsea.

I've been impressed with what I've seen of Mason Mount. He clearly can and will improve but he has terrific movement and carries a goal threat, while being neat and tidy. England don't and haven't had the best midfield for a while now but with him, Foden, Maddison, Winks and Willock coming through, and then there's Loftus-Cheek too who's still relatively young and inexperienced, there's plenty to be optimsitic about in that area of the field for England.

7 goals in 3 games for Tammy Abraham who after missing a penalty in the final against Liverpool has suddenly looked like the second coming of Didier Drogba. Long may it continue too, it can only be good for the national team to have yet another option up front. He's also very different to what we have already. He's a very interesting player.

Edited by TylerB

5 hours ago, TylerB said:

7 goals in 3 games for Tammy Abraham who after missing a penalty in the final against Liverpool has suddenly looked like the second coming of Didier Drogba. Long may it continue too, it can only be good for the national team to have yet another option up front. He's also very different to what we have already. He's a very interesting player.

Not interesting enough for Ashley to pay the loan fee when Benitez wanted him a couple of seasons ago.

• Haha 1

That was, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst Manure team I’ve ever seen. Boris Johnson must be a Man U fan - he clearly wants them out of Europe. 

• Haha 1

United were rubbish but worst ever?Not even close to the 70s relegation team.Too many players missing at the moment.A  couple of years before these current kids become top players and then it will normal business resumed.

What on earth is going on at Spurs?

Lack of investment ? Possibly. Too many unsettled players wanting a move ? More likely. Or even Pochettino cheesed off at missing out on the Utd job last season as Levy wouldn’t release him ? Or a combination of all three ?

Whatever the reason (or reasons), it all seems to be falling apart at one end of the Sevensisters Road.

Edited by RailwayRowdy

Re the worst ever Manure team.  I saw the 73-74 relegation team lose 3-2 at Newcastle.  It included blokes like Stepney, Macari, Graham, McIlroy and Best.  I can absolute guarantee that none of the lads on the pitch that day were worse than Fred.

73/74 ,United top scorer was Sammy Mac with 6 goals.George played 12 games.Graham wouldn’t get in the Vale side.Losing 3-2 at Newcastle tells you how bad they were.As I said last Sunday’s team was missing 5/6 regulars.Poor display but still in Europe contrary to what has been posted.Fred is crap,agreed.

On 07/10/2019 at 17:23, Jacko51 said:

Re the worst ever Manure team.  I saw the 73-74 relegation team lose 3-2 at Newcastle.  It included blokes like Stepney, Macari, Graham, McIlroy and Best.  I can absolute guarantee that none of the lads on the pitch that day were worse than Fred.

Boswell?