Sign in to follow this  
robf

Match thread: Leek Town v Port Vale

Bennett and Cullen both looked tidy. Trickett-Smith looked like a player signed by Norman because he was once at Liverpool and therefore must be good. Rawlinson tried hard but looked like a non league player. Amoo was exciting to watch and took his goal well.

Cummings and Amoo linked well first half.  If Cummings can also impress against league opposition he’ll suffice as competition/cover for Gibbo.

Same for Maddison, he’s had little to do in the 2 halves he’s played.  He’ll no doubt be tested more in the next couple of friendlies and will probably earn a contract barring a calamity.

Based on the 2 games Kennedy at CH is no better than Rawlinson, but it is only 2 games.

Trickett-Smith could have potentially cost Liverpool a million quid when he signed from Crewe some years back. He was highly regarded at the club around the time Klopp joined and was seen as one of four or five who would potentially make the break through to the first team eventually...

Edited by TylerB

3 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

He spent last season at Leek Town though.

I'm not implying he's any good or will become good. Just that he obviously showed potential 3 or 4 years ago, enough to be on Liverpool's books for a while.

Trickett-Smith looked one of the best players on the pitch first half, kept the ball moving got into pockets of space well and can pick a pass. Looking forward to seeing more of him during ore season 

11 hours ago, TylerB said:

I'm not implying he's any good or will become good. Just that he obviously showed potential 3 or 4 years ago, enough to be on Liverpool's books for a while.

No doubt he was a top player at 16. Whether there is an attitude problem, he just hasn't got better, other players just got quicker and he didn't or he's been unlucky to be at the wrong place at the wrong time is the question. Guess we'll know come May.

What is going on with Trickett-Smith? Is that his name? Wasn't he at Leek?
Was he a Smurfthwaite signing who Askey doesn't rate or want? I haven't seen his name in friendly games have I? Any news or thoughts about him?

OSwoW,
FYI The White Lion next to the ground closed a few weeks ago.
I haven't been to the Mulberry Leaves on the Sainsburys roundabout yet but it seems like a generic Marstons food pub. My mum and dad didn't think much to it when they went there for a meal.
Here's the match thread for Port Vale's second friendly game of the summer...
Thanks, I was planning to go for a pre match pint at the White Lion, time for plan B....

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 07:17, Platty's Tassels said:

Better player than Dan Turner though...............

Dan Turner has already scored for his new team, Hyde United. I know it is at a lower level but he is still a goal scorer....