onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Leek Town v Port Vale

robf

Advert

FYI The White Lion next to the ground closed a few weeks ago.

I haven't been to the Mulberry Leaves on the Sainsburys roundabout yet but it seems like a generic Marstons food pub. My mum and dad didn't think much to it when they went there for a meal.

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

What is going on with Trickett-Smith? Is that his name? Wasn't he at Leek?

Was he a Smurfthwaite signing who Askey doesn't rate or want? I haven't seen his name in friendly games have I? Any news or thoughts about him?

Played 45 mins last night for the yth team at Brocton

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

What is going on with Trickett-Smith? Is that his name? Wasn't he at Leek?

Was he a Smurfthwaite signing who Askey doesn't rate or want? I haven't seen his name in friendly games have I? Any news or thoughts about him?

He was an unused sub against Kidsgrove. I think we'll probably know more about whether he's a contender or not after a few more friendly games (after all we're only one friendly in) but I suspect he may well start against his former club.

Slightly off topic but I see we now announced Bury ( who have lost all their team ) .

Fleetwood and Bury have we ever had more uninspiring home friendlies.

Considering Leeds were mentioned. 

I know in the main it's all about fitness and building up to Colchester but I'm not sure what will be gained from playing a team literally on it's backside 

38 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Slightly off topic but I see we now announced Bury ( who have lost all their team ) .

I know in the main it's all about fitness and building up to Colchester but I'm not sure what will be gained from playing a team literally on it's backside 

Have Bury got 11 first team players

7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

It will be of value to Bury I'm sure. Glad we're helping a club who are where we could have been if Smurthwaite had stayed.

First Half XI: Brown, Cummings, Crookes, Smith, Kennedy, Amoo, Oyeleke, Pope, Trickett-Smith, Bennett, Lloyd. 

Second Half XI: Maddison, Rawlinson, Crookes, Kennedy, Legge, Joyce, Amoo, Burgess, Conlon, Cullen, Bennett.

SUBS: Berks, Green-Birch, Campbell-Gordon, Alex Hurst.

So presumably Browne and Thomas have gone. They might be injured/rested but it's logical to assume they've left the building. Thomas would have to be good to shift Pope and Bennett, and we've now signed Amoo who I suppose is a bit like Browne. Is that fair comment?

Whitfield might be considering another offer.

Cummings is getting a further chance [as is one of the keepers] and you would assume he's got a chance on the right side of defence as we need another defender there.

Lots of ifs and buts, I know!

Archived