Sign in to follow this  
robf

Match thread: Leek Town v Port Vale

FYI The White Lion next to the ground closed a few weeks ago.

I haven't been to the Mulberry Leaves on the Sainsburys roundabout yet but it seems like a generic Marstons food pub. My mum and dad didn't think much to it when they went there for a meal.

What is going on with Trickett-Smith? Is that his name? Wasn't he at Leek?

Was he a Smurfthwaite signing who Askey doesn't rate or want? I haven't seen his name in friendly games have I? Any news or thoughts about him?

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

Was he a Smurfthwaite signing who Askey doesn't rate or want? I haven't seen his name in friendly games have I? Any news or thoughts about him?

Played 45 mins last night for the yth team at Brocton

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

He was an unused sub against Kidsgrove. I think we'll probably know more about whether he's a contender or not after a few more friendly games (after all we're only one friendly in) but I suspect he may well start against his former club.

Slightly off topic but I see we now announced Bury ( who have lost all their team ) .

Fleetwood and Bury have we ever had more uninspiring home friendlies.

Considering Leeds were mentioned. 

I know in the main it's all about fitness and building up to Colchester but I'm not sure what will be gained from playing a team literally on it's backside 

38 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Slightly off topic but I see we now announced Bury ( who have lost all their team ) .

I know in the main it's all about fitness and building up to Colchester but I'm not sure what will be gained from playing a team literally on it's backside 

Have Bury got 11 first team players

It sounded like we were scratching round for a team to play that Saturday. Bury are back in court a week today so it's by no means 100% that this game's going ahead either.

7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

It will be of value to Bury I'm sure. Glad we're helping a club who are where we could have been if Smurthwaite had stayed.

First Half XI: Brown, Cummings, Crookes, Smith, Kennedy, Amoo, Oyeleke, Pope, Trickett-Smith, Bennett, Lloyd. 

Second Half XI: Maddison, Rawlinson, Crookes, Kennedy, Legge, Joyce, Amoo, Burgess, Conlon, Cullen, Bennett.

SUBS: Berks, Green-Birch, Campbell-Gordon, Alex Hurst.

2 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Where's Gibbons? Is he still injured?

Good question.

No Kwame Thomas or Rhys Browne from the trialists either.

Whitfield absent too.

So presumably Browne and Thomas have gone. They might be injured/rested but it's logical to assume they've left the building. Thomas would have to be good to shift Pope and Bennett, and we've now signed Amoo who I suppose is a bit like Browne. Is that fair comment?

Whitfield might be considering another offer.

Cummings is getting a further chance [as is one of the keepers] and you would assume he's got a chance on the right side of defence as we need another defender there.

Lots of ifs and buts, I know!

Whitfield not featuring again today could be one of a few things, there could be an offer from another club, he’s been ostracised to try and force him out, the manager wants to look at other options or he’s picked up a knock.

According to the Sentinel Worrall, Gibbons and Browne have slight knocks and are rested, ready for Wednesday.

Edited by PV1973
  • Thanks 2

Sounds like Trickett-Smith is providing some good balls:

"Trickett-Smith’s ball over the defence picks out Amoo’s rum. He brings the ball down with a good first touch but then blazes over."

"Great cross by Cummins to the back stick where Pope holds off his man but heads just wide. Cummins was played in down the right by Trickett-Smith".