onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Kidsgrove v Port Vale

robf

Advert

I think we're all hoping for a bit of extra quality, whether it be in midfield (please!), right back or on the wing. That extra X factor is so crucial at this level when teams are quite similar save for the odd special player or two.

Perhaps we're forgetting also how badly run the Club was under NS, how much needs doing, and how many players we signed up who hardly played. Yet we were paying them all. The long road back begins with small steps but fingers crossed that we'll be pleased with the rest of our summer shopping.

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon at Kidsgrove, who were great hosts and judging by the gate and the business they were doing in the fantastically named Phoenix Club, a great afternoon for Kidsgrove which will hopefully set them up for the season, great non league club!

On the pitch, what stood out for me is that every one of the permanent signings that we’ve made so far has an excellent first touch and are clever players who like to play in 10x10 boxes. All did ok. Stand outs for me were Lloyd, Cullen and Bennett.

Of the trialists, none of them did their cause any harm, Brown was exciting, direct, mobile, always looking to play forward. Cummings was steady, professional and worked hard. Thomas was the one with the most question marks for me, looked a little off the pace but that just maybe a symptom of a tough pre season so far.

All in all, good day out and a little food for thought.

4 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Why are we one of the only clubs that don't have highlights of friendlies available on YouTube?

I’m very underwhelmed by the media team yesterday 😕
Very lack lustre coverage! They should embrace that many can’t get to pre-season games, and do what they can to service the fans. Even National League teams, had streaming or at the very least, extended highlights or have put their game up afterwards.

Guess they also has to get up to speed after the summer.

I’m very underwhelmed by the media team yesterday 
Very lack lustre coverage! They should embrace that many can’t get to pre-season games, and do what they can to service the fans. Even National League teams, had streaming or at the very least, extended highlights or have put their game up afterwards.
Guess they also has to get up to speed after the summer.

All you’ve done is moan this summer

3 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

All you’ve done is moan this summer

If you notice, I've moaned about one topic, and one topic alone:

The way the club has handled the SoMe side of things.

I maybe had my hopes or expectations up to high, after the absolute surge in quality of the media department last season. But being an abroad fan, and therefor pretty much reliant on the clubs media department, I have every right to say, that I've been underwhelmed about this summer and now pre-season.

I don't want them to stream the games just for me, but I'm very very sure it wouldn't be! There are literally hundreds of ways to stream games, I won't even start a list because it would never end. And all kit it takes, is a camera, a laptop and an internet connection and Bobs your uncle. As I've said before, even the smallest, most amateurish clubs here in Denmark, streams their games live. So it's not exactly a hard thing to do.

But I'm sorry if my 'moaning' bothers you. There is always the 'block' button 😉

27 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

If you notice, I've moaned about one topic, and one topic alone:

The way the club has handled the SoMe side of things.

I maybe had my hopes or expectations up to high, after the absolute surge in quality of the media department last season. But being an abroad fan, and therefor pretty much reliant on the clubs media department, I have every right to say, that I've been underwhelmed about this summer and now pre-season.

I don't want them to stream the games just for me, but I'm very very sure it wouldn't be! There are literally hundreds of ways to stream games, I won't even start a list because it would never end. And all kit it takes, is a camera, a laptop and an internet connection and Bobs your uncle. As I've said before, even the smallest, most amateurish clubs here in Denmark, streams their games live. So it's not exactly a hard thing to do.

But I'm sorry if my 'moaning' bothers you. There is always the 'block' button 😉

This feels unfair... carol and Kevin are having to rebuild the club after the blue buffoon ran it into the ground. To single out certain things that aren’t up to individuals standards is a little tough 

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

This feels unfair... carol and Kevin are having to rebuild the club after the blue buffoon ran it into the ground. To single out certain things that aren’t up to individuals standards is a little tough 

Once again: I'm in no way, shape or form slagging of Carol or Kevin!

The media department, was by all means the most well functioning department under the former regime. In the summer they have even strengthened, by adding a second full time member to the staff. 

Max managed to live stream 2 events, which was brilliant to watch! I've asked him many times if the matches would be streamed, but have never got a reply. I would have more than respected a 'no, unfortunately we are not able to'. But not even that. So yes, I'm a little disappointed in the proces, but still very much looking forward for the season to start!

And I will once again defend myself, by trying to explain were I'm coming from: as I live in Denmark, I pretty much rely on the SoMe to keep me up to date on all things Vale. So the absolute surge in quality of the media department, has been more than highly appreciated and I have praised Max and his staff, many many many times publicly! But one of the disadvantages of being from abroad, is that in the off season, you feel a bit disconnected from the club. It has become SO much better with the introduction of SoMe, and that is why I've maybe been overly critical of SoMe over the summer. As I feel more and more alienated from the club, as I'm not able to follow as closely as usual. I've been told to "get a life" and those type of things. But that is easy to say, when you can just pop down to the club, and have a chat.

Well, that is me trying to explain my self a bit. Hope you can just partly understand what i mean?

And I'm looking very very much forward, to flying over again for Colchester!

Easily my favourite friendly fixture each year and this year was no different.

First opportunity to run the rule over our new signings, and check out the trialists, in a fixture that’s always quite competitive but played in the right spirit.  No points at stake and no real pressure to win, although it’s better if we can.

A great little stadium, tucked away in the trees, with good facilities and we usually seem to drop on with the weather, although this year wasn’t quite as warm as last. 

Where else can you go to watch your team where the players are within touching distance of the crowd, the new owners are taking time to mingle and talk with the fans, there’s a well stocked beer and gin festival, where the pints are being pulled by one of our main sponsors, and you can stand virtually on the touch line whilst enjoying your beer whilst discussing all things Vale with people you may not have seen since the end of last season

For me it’s a little slice of heaven.

I rarely fret about the results of friendly matches.

For me it's all about cranking up for the forthcoming season both on and off the 'Park, for bringing together human resources and testing the systems toward achieving positive match day experiences.

With the exception of our last promotion the last decade has not, in my opinion, generated such optimism.

Now, however, reading this topic and other media I can't help feeling that with the tiller of our 'Club in the hands of Carol & Kevin we will see the once proud reputation restored as a 'Club to play for and a 'Team to support 🙂  

On 7/6/2019 at 4:40 PM, Walka003 said:

Monty's replacement, Ryan Campbell-Gordon has been pretty good. Confident, done his defensive duties well and seems very good going forward. Glad we've got him signed up.

Thought he showed a good turn of speed and certainly likes to get forward.

Archived