Kennedy
Crookes

Conlon
Oyeleke
Joyce

Lloyd
Bennett
Worrall

How quickly things can change in the space of a few days with one new signing and a couple of friendly games. So my mind has already been changed on the XI, think I'll wait now until I've seen us step up the level of opposition. I think the Fleetwood game maybe the closest indicator so far, as they are the team closest to our level that we'll be taking on in pre-season.

Advert

Wozza, Manny, Conlon, Pope and Brown are all first choice from last season.

I think the back 4 will be pretty much the same as last season minus Clark who I hope will be replaced with a new strong right back.

Cullen and Amoo will probably go straight into the team too, I think he might end up starting 4 4 2

Brown

Crookes

Smith

Legge / Kennedy

New Right back
Worrall
Conlon
Manny
Pope
Cullen

At the moment I'd think the players with shirts to lose:

Brown, Crookes, Legg, Smith, Oyeleke, Conlon, Cullen, Pope, Worrall.

Probables Amoo, Joyce

There will obviously be a rightback and there are always players who come through or disappoint during preseason. Plus 2 or 3 more outfield players to come in. I still think our best 11 from last year would have challenged for the playoffs, hopefully we now have players to cover missing players. Two players missing last season and we really struggled. If Burgess, Kennedy, Bennett, Barnett or Brown end up pushing a couple of these players out we will definitely be stronger. 

32 minutes ago, JRC said:

At the moment I'd think the players with shirts to lose:

Brown, Crookes, Legg, Smith, Oyeleke, Conlon, Cullen, Pope, Worrall.

Probables Amoo, Joyce

There will obviously be a rightback and there are always players who come through or disappoint during preseason. Plus 2 or 3 more outfield players to come in. I still think our best 11 from last year would have challenged for the playoffs, hopefully we now have players to cover missing players. Two players missing last season and we really struggled. If Burgess, Kennedy, Bennett, Barnett or Brown end up pushing a couple of these players out we will definitely be stronger. 

Should be Burgess and Lloyd not Barnett and Brown!

On 05/07/2019 at 14:30, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Well the team depends on who the other 3/4 players he is bringing in .

Looking a lot like last years team but with a different attitude and feel good factor around the club and been backed by 3416 season ticket holders plus all the boxes folk and ten match occasional supporters then hopefully they show a damn lot more than they did last season.

So for me the team I’d send out v Colchester is this .

Brown 

New Right back Crookes Forget his name New player who played for Wrexham  New player 

Worrall Oyeleke Burgess Montano 

Cullen Bennett 

Subs Smith Pope Conlon Joyce Lloyd New keeper New winger who can change a game New box box to box midfielder UTV 

few sherberts after work yoth ?  thats about 15 players starting the game .

2 hours ago, valeblue said:

Just hope if we do lose everybody doesn't start leaping off by pass bridges !!! Who got stuffed 6 nill or something opening day and went on to win the league , or go up anyway?

We actually haven't lost the first game of the season since 2004. So we're certainly due one without need for wrist slitting.

I'm not even going to attempt to second guess Askey.

What I found strange reading the posts is how Conlon appears a shoe in .

Worldies aside he is as weak as hiss and certainly would not be anywhere near my starting X1. 

Just shows how opinions differ amongst us all .

9 hours ago, STUNG said:

few sherberts after work yoth ?  thats about 15 players starting the game .

15 no I say who the subs are and because I have forgotten the name of new players I put new player .

So team will be 

Brown 

NP  Smith Legge Crookes 

Amoo Conlon Oyeleke NP

Cullen Pope 

At a guess that’s something like but lots of time get first team regulars bounced out the side.

Last season under Smurf the players may have been playing within themselves.

Lets hope so then anything is possible.

Archived