onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

lloyd = my position is tenable

ethan and archies dad

The wheel of blame turns again.

Mike Lloyd: You are as responsible for this loan as Peter Miller is. Do not pull the "I know nothing" routine with us again. Fool us once...

If the board wanted to take out a loan it would talk to the club's bankers about extending our overdraft facility.

What kind of boardroom do you have if one director can unilaterally arrange a loan? Let's not forget the club statement saying that loan was to cover short-term cash flow issues. That's the official line. Lloyd implies the loan is not needed, so pay it back immediately.

Peter's remit was to replace the Blue Sky investment – a loan is not an investment.

So, this is the kind of chairman we had. One that does not understand the difference between a loan and an investment. Who offered this man the position of chairman? Perry Deakin, Mike Lloyd, Glenn Oliver, Bill Bratt and Micky Adams / Stan Meigh!

The original deal involved a permanent appointment, but that was amended at a later date by the full board, including Peter, after the Blue Sky deal collapsed.

When was it changed? Imo, the shareholders have a right to know.

We have run this past the club's lawyer and it could be subject to legal ramifications

So, another settlement. Good use of what little money the club has.

I'd just like to finish this post by saying "Well done, Mike. How can people think your position is untenable?"

Unfutchinbelievable. Resign now. That goes for you too Glenn.

Advert

Message to Mike Lloyd - your position isn't tenable and hasn't been since you promised to be 'open and transparent' and then were the complete opposite. Your are a disgace to the club. Your directorship may not be up for renewal at the AGM (if it ever takes place) but here is a challenge for you - ask for a vote of confidence in you as a director at the AGM. I'm not holding my breath

If he's been unaware of all of the wrongdoings at the club, as he always claims is the case, then isn't his position untenable by default? Otherwise, what's the point of him being on the board if he is so easily bypassed?

So what does he think the protest's,red card's,fan's visits,CID visit's,Sentinel and RS report's,general unrest are about then.Is there something else going on that we don't know about?

I think I posted this on the Sentinel site a few minutes ago....but it keeps disappearing.....not sure whether it's because I compared Mr Lloyd to the late leader of North Korea, or because I mentioned the concert tickets that were never real.....let's see.....no, it's there.........!!!!

“I personally find it unbelievable that Mr Lloyd, who promised an era of openness and honesty with fans, considers that "We shouldn't have to discuss people's deals with the public."If a manager changes a player's agreement, you don't announce it to shareholders." It's all just words, Michael....empty promises that are as valid and worth as much as those concert tickets that were never real - even though people in this City paid for them. I assume you knew nothing about that either.

As a shareholder, I think I'm entitled to an explanation of why Mr Miller was appointed in the way he was, with a salary and perks bundle, why his contract was allegedly changed from permanent to temporary, why Mr Lloyd appears to consider there to be nothing wrong in the issue of nil paid shares and those shares then being used to appoint two people to the board who fail to meet the criteria under the company's articles, why he felt it appropriate to lie to the public about the Blue Sky "investment", why he colluded in the untruths being reported about the club's financial position and why he was apparently unable to see that the failure to act with honesty and integrity undermined the position of ALL the directors in the eyes of shareholders, fans and others.

It beggars belief that the Board were not party to the mortgage taken out, it shows a total lack of competence at Director level, and, to be quite honest, Michael, I don't believe a word of anything you say any more.

What is the most startling revelation in the whole thing is that you feel that "My position is tenable." The last person I know of who had delusions of that magnitude had a state funeral yesterday. You really do need to realise how much you, and your fellow directors are hated by those who you are supposed to be serving.

You seem to think that because you are "not up for election at the AGM" that you will be permitted to continue with your gross mismanagement and incompetence - you should be sacked for either - and if you don't think it appropriate to resign, then you seriously ought to reconsider.”

I think I posted this on the Sentinel site a few minutes ago....but it keeps disappearing.....not sure whether it's because I compared Mr Lloyd to the late leader of North Korea, or because I mentioned the concert tickets that were never real.....let's see.....no, it's there.........!!!!

“I personally find it unbelievable that Mr Lloyd, who promised an era of openness and honesty with fans, considers that "We shouldn't have to discuss people's deals with the public."If a manager changes a player's agreement, you don't announce it to shareholders." It's all just words, Michael....empty promises that are as valid and worth as much as those concert tickets that were never real - even though people in this City paid for them. I assume you knew nothing about that either.

As a shareholder, I think I'm entitled to an explanation of why Mr Miller was appointed in the way he was, with a salary and perks bundle, why his contract was allegedly changed from permanent to temporary, why Mr Lloyd appears to consider there to be nothing wrong in the issue of nil paid shares and those shares then being used to appoint two people to the board who fail to meet the criteria under the company's articles, why he felt it appropriate to lie to the public about the Blue Sky "investment", why he colluded in the untruths being reported about the club's financial position and why he was apparently unable to see that the failure to act with honesty and integrity undermined the position of ALL the directors in the eyes of shareholders, fans and others.

It beggars belief that the Board were not party to the mortgage taken out, it shows a total lack of competence at Director level, and, to be quite honest, Michael, I don't believe a word of anything you say any more.

What is the most startling revelation in the whole thing is that you feel that "My position is tenable." The last person I know of who had delusions of that magnitude had a state funeral yesterday. You really do need to realise how much you, and your fellow directors are hated by those who you are supposed to be serving.

You seem to think that because you are "not up for election at the AGM" that you will be permitted to continue with your gross mismanagement and incompetence - you should be sacked for either - and if you don't think it appropriate to resign, then you seriously ought to reconsider.”

Good post...............:yes:

The more I look at this, the more I am convinced that something very serious is being covered up.

The business is failing. Mike Lloyd has been in that position once before. Why does he want to stay? It makes no sense unless there is something to hide.

It totally makes no sense.If it was myself I would be actively looking for someone to buy my shares so I could do one ,surely no position is worth the amount of grief he's getting/ going to get unless the alternative is a 'holiday ' camp.:unsure:

It doesnt matter if his position is untenable or not.... who is going to remove him and by what means.

Lots of fans are saying.... "just go".... you know they wont, I know they wont even they know they wont.

The question is how will they be removed and how long will it take. I fear a large percentage of disgruntled fans will soon be so disheartened they will simply give up.

I dont think we can afford to pussyfoot around any longer. Holding up red cards may be eye catching but it has no direct impact, it doesnt cause them any problems or threaten their positions.

Archived