onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

VAR Ridicule

I notice a number of high profile South American Copa America matches are having quite a few goals disallowed after first being given.

This is getting a joke now...every goal is being reviewed and ruled out with just half an inch in it...is this really the way forward??

If this happens throughout the football league and every goal is reviewed this will brig frustration to many new levels

Advert

I would rather scrap it, yes it may get the decisions right but it is a different game than the one I have watched for years. Pointless celebrating a goal until VAR look at it. Thank goodness it isn't in our league!  

11 hours ago, Phil said:

I would rather scrap it, yes it may get the decisions right but it is a different game than the one I have watched for years. Pointless celebrating a goal until VAR look at it. Thank goodness it isn't in our league!  

It seems to be a default process to review every goal scored

Any technology that helps get decisions right is a good thing. Yes, it can be frustrating with the time it takes at the moment but that should improve but the cheating which it should eradicate that was getting worse in football for me is a lot more frustrating. 

A lot of goals disallowed in Copa America?. Well the Brazilians and Argentinians have been 2 of the biggest cheats so perhaps VAR is very much working.

8 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Any technology that helps get decisions right is a good thing. Yes, it can be frustrating with the time it takes at the moment but that should improve but the cheating which it should eradicate that was getting worse in football for me is a lot more frustrating. 

A lot of goals disallowed in Copa America?. Well the Brazilians and Argentinians have been 2 of the biggest cheats so perhaps VAR is very much working.

You know what bothers me PB? The VAR will gradually be controlled by the game sponsors i.e. reviews will take longer to facilitate sponsors putting more commercials across the scoreboard and television screens - even to the point referees/umpires will not be able to call 'game on' until 'commercial blocks' have been completed.    

On 30/06/2019 at 09:57, Regal Beagle said:

It  is rubbish.

They need to give managers 2 reviews, similar to the cricket review process in my opinion.

Exactly my opinion RB. At the present time with the way it is being carried out, if it ever comes to our league I would question whether I would wish to carry on watching games. It a sick joke. A good idea ruined by red tape. 

10 hours ago, philpvfc said:

We are all for getting decisions right Phil but it should be like tennis where a player is given a limited number of appeals or like rugby league where the ref hands responsibility over to the technical people but then he is out of any decision.

Maybe so but what happens when a referee gets it wrong so many times. The amount of games I’ve seen Vale get defeated by bad decisions, it just ruins it for me. I never mind losing to a better team or a team with more luck but there is nothing worse than losing to a team because of bad decisions. Yes it needs to be polished more but I think it will be good for the game. Take the World Cup for example, IMO that was the best World Cup for a long long time and VAR helped to play its part, there was less play acting and the refereeing standards were the best I’ve seen in a World Cup. 

I might be in the minority but for me VAR is a good thing.

Archived