onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New forum open for business

robf

I've mentioned the bugs - but there's tons on the todo list as this software has huge benefits.

• I'm going to look at some themes - possibly a dark one to counter this one, one which allows background images and one suitable for blind/sight impaired
  • There's things I can do with user reputations as well (more to follow on that)
  • There's a huge marketplace of add-ons so if anything is useful I will take a look there too

I am glad it seems to be going so smoothly and everyone is happy though - that's great to know

Advert

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

One website I use has an Amazon affiliate link (or something) so if the user clicks through, the forum owner gets a small % of whatever is purchased. Might help with costs? 

Thanks, yes there is a link affiliation programme you can set up on here. Not set up but it may help with some of the costs. Some of the plugins are yearly so there are renewal fees and some affiliate fees may help with that. 

Cheers!

A quick note on... the return of avatars

Go to your user profile https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/profile/

You can upload two images. The wide one is a cover image which only shows when people visit your profile. I have the OVF artwork. The avatar (Sir Andrew Jones in my case) is the little box on the LH side. You need to click on the grey square (bottom LH corner of my Andy Jones image) to add your avatar.

profile1.thumb.JPG.321648bc2586ff67c5e2a267d28d0f5e.JPG

One thing - this is a family-friendly site please do not use offensive avatars (i.e. no swearwords, no sexual content and for that matter no political images allowed please - images of Port Vale players past and present are welcome). 

5 hours ago, robf said:

OK, I am getting a list together.

Just so you know - I am off to visit family this weekend so I won't be able to action everything but hopefully the core bits of the new forum work well and what is being asked is essentially a tweak here and there.

So we have - 

• OVF app - their support say it is working fine but doesn't work for me
  • There is an issue with latest posts on the OVF homepage for mobile and tablet users
  • Question about closing the reply portion if you cancel a reply
  • Question about using the desktop theme on a mobile
  • I've also had a question about accessibility for blind users with screen readers which I intend to look into
  • There is also an issue with email (i.e. you can be alerted by email) which I am looking into with support

However, there may be a bit of a delay in getting all these sorted..

The email issue is sorted. 👍

6 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

The swear filter lets 'f*cked' through.

Thanks. It doesn't anymore. 

If any words do come through can you continue to tell the team. 

Please include a link to the post as the filter doesn't work retrospectively so anything not set in the filter will need to be done by admin manually.

p.s. I reintroduced the old <ovf censored> which some of you may recall from the old days!

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I'm sure I was once reading a post and instead of saying <ovf censored>, it said something like <ovf censored and this is the worst word of all time> or something. Got the impression that it was something football related rather than the C-bomb or something. Did I dream this?

There were a couple of additional censors put in on the old, old site. 

One was (if I remember rightly) "the player of whom we do not speak his name" (may have been someone in red and white stripes who fell over a lot) and I think there was "the board of whom we do not speak of" (or similar). 

EDIT: There was also one for Steve McPhee's lovely agent after his kind words about the club.

I was thinking of adding a filter for "Louis Dodds" which would have been <look just agree to disagree please and give it a rest we're all really sick of it by now> - come to think of it, that could have worked for "Brexit" as well...

Archived