onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New forum open for business

robf

Advert

33 minutes ago, Gungho_ED said:

Wheres the new posts button gone Rob?

There's a number of options to see new posts now. If you're on desktop there's a "latest posts" in the top RH Corner (it's lower down on mobile) but you can also use the "Activity" link in the top menu to see the latest posts, replies and so on... Hope that helps.

14 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Hi Rob, looking good but there seems to be no cancel option once you have started writing a reply, am I missing something? 

Good question. I think you can manually just delete the text from the box. I will look into that though - there may be an option I have switched off. 

By the way, the good news for me is that this system has an inbuilt support option in the Admin area. It means I can fire off a ticket asking your question and they will get back to me.

It may not sound like much but their support is quick, efficient and helpful. 

With the old forum part of the problem was that their support was slow, often rude (simply wouldn't support any modifications to their "core" software) and defensive (would not admit any deficiencies in the software).

So, I am confident that if you have questions or issues I can at least get a quick answer from support.

13 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Hi Rob; if you want to see the web version on your mobile rather than the mobile version can this be done?

Another good question. I will ask. I would say that the mobile version is set up for phones so it will be tricky to see things using the desktop on a phone but I can certainly ask if it is useful.

OK, I am getting a list together.

Just so you know - I am off to visit family this weekend so I won't be able to action everything but hopefully the core bits of the new forum work well and what is being asked is essentially a tweak here and there.

So we have - 

• OVF app - their support say it is working fine but doesn't work for me
  • There is an issue with latest posts on the OVF homepage for mobile and tablet users
  • Question about closing the reply portion if you cancel a reply
  • Question about using the desktop theme on a mobile
  • I've also had a question about accessibility for blind users with screen readers which I intend to look into
  • There is also an issue with email (i.e. you can be alerted by email) which I am looking into with support

However, there may be a bit of a delay in getting all these sorted..

18 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Just looking at the Reputation section. Is there a way we can vote down posts, say if someone was constantly negative about the club and the new players and mentioned Louis Dodds in a disparaging way in every post?

Serious reply is no. We have had issues with negative voting before (too long to go into here0

But... as mentioned in the page about the forum, user's reputations will be based on likes and interactions. So if someone is constantly negative then their reputation will be really low. 

26 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Thanks Rob, I only realised when I was trying to draw your attention to the fact that occasionally random incorrect characters appear in some posts, I forgot to highlight the bits of the screen grab and realised I couldn't cancel the post! 

image.thumb.png.3c73ab612dfd359ea3e9b1b20b47b724.png

Ah thanks. I think that's the migration. It ported information across from the old board but it won't be 100% flawless and that seems to have been the case there. Hopefully it's not too bad 😉

Archived