onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mark Cullen and Ryan Lloyd sign

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

It does. Good signings overall. A fit Cullen looks really useful. Lloyd looks like he could develop and/ or be a good utility player. The squad is starting to look a lot stronger than last season if everyone is fit and firing.

I don’t wish to sound negative, but to me it just seems like swapping like for like.

Another forward who has a 1 in 4/5 strike rate and a player who has spent the last few years in non league. Of course I wish them well and hope they have a successful time here, but their CV’s would not indicate that they are going to improve the team.

Sincere best wishes to these lads and I genuinely hope they make a meaningful contribution this coming season. But I’m not holding my breath.

:unsure:

I am more encouraged than for many years, Cullen is a definite upgrade on any striker that has been at the club apart from Pope for years.

Lloyd wasn`t allowed enough time to develop here before and I trust Askey to know if he will be an asset to us or not. Along with Manny re-signing and with Crookes(who I feel has a big future in the game) and Kennedy we are looking much stronger.

Importantly without Smurf interfering,we are also signing players in positions we need so that we can build a balanced squad.

Signing decent Conference players like Lloyd and Kennedy are definite upgrades on signing players from part time leagues in Spain or the Welsh League (with the greatest respect to anyone we've signed from part time leagues in Spain or the Welsh League).

That Cullen is an upgrade on Miller is, to me, without question.

I don’t wish to sound negative

In that case you failed miserably I’m afraid!

I second the question, what 1 in 4 striker who has played league 2 and league 1 has he replaced?

Harris?

Elliot?

Turner?

Ben “1 in 10” Whitfield?

I merely make the point that we are replacing players who didn’t score enough, with different players who don’t score enough.

In my opinion, at the bare minimum a forward should be scoring at least 1 in 3. Even that is only around 15 a season. No signing so far meets those requirements, so it looks like that heavy goal scoring burden will yet again fall on Pope’s shoulders.

I really hope these lads prove me wrong, but unfortunately leopards rarely change their spots.

I merely make the point that we are replacing players who didn’t score enough, with different players who don’t score enough.

In my opinion, at the bare minimum a forward should be scoring at least 1 in 3. Even that is only around 15 a season. No signing so far meets those requirements, so it looks like that heavy goal scoring burden will yet again fall on Pope’s shoulders.

I really hope these lads prove me wrong, but unfortunately leopards rarely change their spots.

They cost a lot of money though or require a lot of luck in unearthing a gem.

If Pope gets 15-18 and Cullen gets 12 (1 in 4) with the likes of Montano and Bennett chipping in for half a dozen each its not a bad start.

Signing decent Conference players like Lloyd and Kennedy are definite upgrades on signing players from part time leagues in Spain or the Welsh League (with the greatest respect to anyone we've signed from part time leagues in Spain or the Welsh League).

That Cullen is an upgrade on Miller is, to me, without question.

Cullen is a great signing.

Just been watching his clips over the years on YouTube and he's just what we need.Pace,goals with headers and both feet.

Welcome to the Vale Mark and all the best to Ryan on his return to Burslem.

Archived