onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Richie Bennett signs

robf

Advert

His record of less than 1 goal in 4 league games would not suggest that he is an answer to our problems in front of goal.

Point taken and I too think we need another couple of players who can score goals but let's face it, after what we've been through, 1 in 4 or 11-12 goals a season is better than what we've had for the last three seasons on the spin, Pope excluded.

It'll also be good to have a couple of big forwards in the squad because if Pope got a serious injury....

I'm pleased to see him here. It's a start.

It might not be saying much, but he's our best summer signing yet. He's obviously far from prolific but looks like somebody that causes defenders problems on his day, and will give us some much needed height in the side. If we do sign someone else that has scored goals at this level that hopefully has a bit of pace then I think with Miller as 4th choice, if he stays, then we'll look far better than last season up top. Obviously we're still crying out for a genuine wide player too, but we're getting there bit by bit.

Welcome to the lad .

Like every new signing it’s not what you did before it’s what you can do now .

Give your all every game you are selected and you will be appreciated.

UTV

His goal scoring record in the season before he joined us is BETTER than ALL of the following: Steve McPhee, Leon Constantine, Akpo Sodje, Marc Richards, Tom Pope. Based on that record perhaps he is the answer to our problems in front of goal. Welcome Richie

He is good...but Marc Richards at the time had played Championship football the previous season before joining us.

Try to think Stephen McPhee: 2002-03 3 goals in 45; 2003-04 27 in 51 :smile:

For that 02-03 season you have to allow for the “Horton factor” For some bizarre reason Horton decided that McPhee would be better deployed as a right sided midfielder/winger. Even the following season he started him in that position, until injuries forced Horton to play him up front. He went on to be the league’s joint top scorer with, if memory serves me correctly, Brighton's Leon Knight.

His goal scoring record in the season before he joined us is BETTER than ALL of the following: Steve McPhee, Leon Constantine, Akpo Sodje, Marc Richards, Tom Pope. Based on that record perhaps he is the answer to our problems in front of goal. Welcome Richie

The only season he appears to have scored any amount of goals was in 16/17 when the scored over 20 for Barrow. But that was obviously non league.

His actual league return is 15 goals from 75 games in the past 2 seasons.

However, let’s hope that he finds some of that Barrow form in a white shirt !

The only season he appears to have scored any amount of goals was in 16/17 when the scored over 20 for Barrow. But that was obviously non league.

His actual league return is 15 goals from 75 games in the past 2 seasons.

However, let’s hope that he finds some of that Barrow form in a white shirt !

You are correct in what you say. My example was about last season only and I compared him to good goal scorers of the past. Richie comes to us with a better scoring record in his previous season than ALL those great players, that is a fact. Let's compare him to Tom. Tom has had 14 seasons in league football. He has scored more than Richie did last season in only 4 of those 14 seasons. I am not saying Richie has a wonderful record i am saying that his immediate record compared pretty favourably to some great players. Whether he will be as good for us as they were, we can only hope. My point was, and is, that he might become a good scorer for us. His record to date stands comparison with players who have been good scorers for us.

15 from 75 in league 2. Not that impressive that’s 1 in 5. Scored goals in non league but at 28 hasn’t played much league football. Hopefully a rotation player with pope and then Cullen signs. Cullen will be a very good signing.

Let’s hope we see the Bennett of morcambe not Carlisle.

15 from 75 in league 2. Not that impressive that’s 1 in 5. Scored goals in non league but at 28 hasn’t played much league football. Hopefully a rotation player with pope and then Cullen signs. Cullen will be a very good signing.

Let’s hope we see the Bennett of morcambe not Carlisle.

Agree 593, 1 in 5 not good and not glowing reports from Carlisle fans. All depends on why and what reasons askey has signed him to fit in the squad. Some times partnerships can flourish at a new team in a different style of play and also get off to a good start and the player is free from the past where it didn't work out...Looks like he is a squad signing rather than first choice but im only going off other peoples opinions so will judge on what he does with us..Having watched the likes of reg, Patterson etc etc and many more I care not wish to remember will be interesting and hope we all enjoy his time here.

His record of less than 1 goal in 4 league games would not suggest that he is an answer to our problems in front of goal.

However I hope he does well for us, but stats would seem to suggest otherwise.

I did note that, but the collection of goals was impressive in that were well taken and showed a presence in the six yard box. In one made a good lay off as target man as well. So I can see potential. I am sort of looking forward to us having a bigger team next year as well, and he fits that bill.

Archived