Sign in to follow this  
robf

Richie Bennett signs

Welcome. My tip for the season. Get in the box and shoot at goal. We had a major problem doing that last season!

Don't tell Ernie..........

Why would the fastest milk cart in the west be interested?

Back on topic - good luck Richie, be prepared for a roller coaster, since that seems to be how we do it these days. Put in a shift and help us score goals, and you will be appreciated.

His record of less than 1 goal in 4 league games would not suggest that he is an answer to our problems in front of goal.

However I hope he does well for us, but stats would seem to suggest otherwise.

His record of less than 1 goal in 4 league games would not suggest that he is an answer to our problems in front of goal.

Try to think Stephen McPhee: 2002-03 3 goals in 45; 2003-04 27 in 51 :smile:

We've got Pope who is a proven class goal scorer, Richie "Arnie" Bennett who scored some at this level last season and Miller who has potential to step up and give us something different. Front three maybe?

His goal scoring record in the season before he joined us is BETTER than ALL of the following: Steve McPhee, Leon Constantine, Akpo Sodje, Marc Richards, Tom Pope. Based on that record perhaps he is the answer to our problems in front of goal. Welcome Richie

Point taken and I too think we need another couple of players who can score goals but let's face it, after what we've been through, 1 in 4 or 11-12 goals a season is better than what we've had for the last three seasons on the spin, Pope excluded.

It'll also be good to have a couple of big forwards in the squad because if Pope got a serious injury....

I'm pleased to see him here. It's a start.

It might not be saying much, but he's our best summer signing yet. He's obviously far from prolific but looks like somebody that causes defenders problems on his day, and will give us some much needed height in the side. If we do sign someone else that has scored goals at this level that hopefully has a bit of pace then I think with Miller as 4th choice, if he stays, then we'll look far better than last season up top. Obviously we're still crying out for a genuine wide player too, but we're getting there bit by bit.