onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Richie Bennett signs

robf

I did note that, but the collection of goals was impressive in that were well taken and showed a presence in the six yard box. In one made a good lay off as target man as well. So I can see potential. I am sort of looking forward to us having a bigger team next year as well, and he fits that bill.

Cant really judge on a collection of goals , but at least he improves the overall goals for the squad compared to last year albeit we will have to create more chances too

Advert

I've commented about these compilations before.

Sam Kelly has his Coventry goal and a couple of others outside the box.

Hooper too could make a good compilation.

They are basically showcasing the best bits.

Setting aside his scoring record the consensus of Morecambe fans is he will run his conkers off all day long.

If he puts the effort in and notches then happy days.

Kyle Perry never scored but was 100% every game and I remember him more fondly than wasters like Hooper.

I hope he can give us another option or dimension and also give Askey a headache over his starting side.

Give the guy a chance instead of judging off a YouTube video or his Wikipedia page

I still wouldn’t call 13 in 50 starts impressive. Quite the opposite actually.

Popey got 14 in 41, and played 90 minutes in the majority of the games. Bennett frequently substituted or came on as sub. Not really that much different, possibly Bennett slightly better if you go in minutes played.

His record of less than 1 goal in 4 league games would not suggest that he is an answer to our problems in front of goal.

However I hope he does well for us, but stats would seem to suggest otherwise.

Yet people were clamouring for us to stick with Turner,well only my opinion but for me a more experienced and better player than Turner(progress)

I still wouldn’t call 13 in 50 starts impressive. Quite the opposite actually.

As a backup largely to Pope, if that's what he will be, that's much better than anything we have had in Donkeys years.

I know who I would want on the bench out of Bennett, Miller, Turner, Cecilia etc.

Popey got 14 in 41, and played 90 minutes in the majority of the games. Bennett frequently substituted or came on as sub. Not really that much different, possibly Bennett slightly better if you go in minutes played.

Not exactly that good of a sign is it though? To consistently either be subbed off or just be a sub? Popes played quite a lot of games at a higher level as well and offers much more to the team than goals.

Yet people were clamouring for us to stick with Turner,well only my opinion but for me a more experienced and better player than Turner(progress)

I certainly wouldn’t say they were clamouring. Most were more than happy for him to leave. I imagine Bennett will be on much more money that turner so not too much of a comparison can be made.

Not exactly that good of a sign is it though? To consistently either be subbed off or just be a sub? Popes played quite a lot of games at a higher level as well and offers much more to the team than goals.

We will know soon what value he brings. Merely pointing out his goals return is not dissimilar to Popey of late, yet his is classed as acceptable (includes penalties as well) but Bennett’s is not. Maybe he is more mobile and will suit Askeys system, let’s hope so.

Going by his you tube goals vid from last season, a lot of Bennett's goals come from him following play and finding the loose ball. This bodes well as he appears to be the sort of player that is intelligent enough to be in exactly the right place at the right time.

If he keeps getting subbed maybe its a fitness issue. As he's 29 then this probably won't be solved ever though he may just need a solid pre-season and a consistent run.

Going by his you tube goals vid from last season, a lot of Bennett's goals come from him following play and finding the loose ball. This bodes well as he appears to be the sort of player that is intelligent enough to be in exactly the right place at the right time.

If he keeps getting subbed maybe its a fitness issue. As he's 29 then this probably won't be solved ever though he may just need a solid pre-season and a consistent run.

A sort of poor mans Louis Dodds you mean?

Archived