onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite makes bid for Notts County

robf

Advert

Learned his lesson?he has just made millions out of us

Exactly. So why wouldn't he try it again?

Let's hope Notts Co. can avoid this revolting character. Reading Black and Gold/Sentinel/OVF and all about his time at the Vale should give them a good idea of the type of character he is. However, this probably won't bother Hardy if the money is right - he won't be around to be affected.

• 4 weeks later...

Notts back ( in their usual seats)  in court again on Wednesday for the twice adjourned HMRC winding up order.

Last month’s action was delayed to allow time for a take over of Notts, but the Sth African consortium who were in the box seats have now withdrawn their bid (if it ever existed)

The new “saviours” are thought to be a Danish consortium who own some business called Football Radar, which is a similar operation to Moneyball.

Any of our Danish based contributors know anything about this ? 

3 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Notts back ( in their usual seats)  in court again on Wednesday for the twice adjourned HMRC winding up order.

Last month’s action was delayed to allow time for a take over of Notts, but the Sth African consortium who were in the box seats have now withdrawn their bid (if it ever existed)

The new “saviours” are thought to be a Danish consortium who own some business called Football Radar, which is a similar operation to Moneyball.

Never heard of them, ever. And the only company that turns up on google, has a staff of 2-3...

7 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Here's what I've found on Football Radar: https://www.footballradar.com/ (they're also found on UK LinkedIn)

As for the Danish connection, the COO of the company, Alexander Reedtz, is a former Danish tennis player/coach.

I know of Football Radar and know people who have or do still work for them.

Decent company who basically do deep analysis on a game-by-game basis on all types of football matches and then feed that data into their own algorithms for betting purposes, or sell the data to other betting syndicates. Not quite sure why they'd want to buy Notts County, but the cross over between betting syndicates and football club ownership has proved successful for Brighton (Tony Bloom) and Brentford (Matthew Benham) in the past so if I were a Notts fan I'd be far happier with their interest than Smurthwaite's. 

Thanks for all your input. Tomorrow a genuine big day for Notts. Hardy (current owner) playing a dangerous game if he continues to play for time in court tomorrow. 

I genuinely get the feeling that Notts are nearing the end of the road.

Let’s hope not.

If the sale of the club is as close as some reports say, then they will likely be given a month's extension. However, it could go badly wrong. It makes me wonder if certain people may be waiting for administration and the chance to buy it cheaply.

8 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I can't think of anyone who fits into that category....

Me neither RZ as the person I was thinking of said he wasn't interested in football anymore. Hardly surprising with all the money he put into Port Vale and the alleged  "losses " he suffered. Only a fool would buy another club and suffer more "losses".

Archived