onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite makes bid for Notts County

robf

Advert

Notts County don't deserve him,they have struggled enough with past owners,it just shows that when you are down and out all the ne'er-do-wells and charlatans crawl out of the woodwork.

How lucky were we when the Shanahans rolled into town ?

Notts County don't deserve him,they have struggled enough with past owners,it just shows that when you are down and out all the ne'er-do-wells and charlatans crawl out of the woodwork.

How lucky were we when the Shanahans rolled into town ?

Interesting scoop there by James Nursey, the Daily Mirror reporter who reckoned that John Askey was interesting Oldham Athletic and on the brink of leaving Vale.

I wonder who his source was for both of those stories? Maybe the same person who told him that Smurthwaite sold the Vale for £5 million?

Hmmm.

Do Notts own Meadow Lane?

No, it’s owned by the council apparently. But the land which would be included in the sale is ripe for development.

I’ve been following the Notts story since they were relegated. Alan Hardy (who recently posted a picture of his todger on social media) bought Notts and funded it through his company Paragon which recently went bust.Consequently he is trying to sell County to recoup as much as he can.

A group, known only as the “South African consortium” appear to be in the box seats to buy Notts. A deal has supposedly been “close” for months, but as of yet has not been finalised.

The Pies were in court again last Wednesday to face a winding up order (adjourned earlier in the year to facilitate the alleged take over) for 200K owed to HMRC. This figure is now apparently nearer to 850K. Only a day or so before this court case Terry Pritchard who was representing the SA consortium was apparently taken seriously ill (although no one seemed to know about it) and the case was adjourned again until next month. There is serious doubts over whether this takeover will take place.

The other group looking to buy Notts is headed by a “property developer” by the name of Alex May. Except that he isn’t really named Alex May as he changed it by deed poll from Alick Kapikanye. He was sentenced to 6 years in jail in 2014 for conning OAP’s out of their homes and repeatedly re mortgaging them to fund his lavish lifestyle.

His lawyer who is representing him in his attempt to buy Notts stated that the rest of the consortium knew of his past and added that “everyone deserves a second chance”

Now enter the ring Smurthwaite and rumour has it that the ex Mansfield owner Keith Haslam (who was as popular at Field Mill as Smurthwaite was here) is now sniffing around also.

You really couldn’t make this story up.

No, it’s owned by the council apparently. But the land which would be included in the sale is ripe for development.

I’ve been following the Notts story since they were relegated. Alan Hardy (who recently posted a picture of his todger on social media) bought Notts and funded it through his company Paragon which recently went bust.Consequently he is trying to sell County to recoup as much as he can.

A group, known only as the “South African consortium” appear to be in the box seats to buy Notts. A deal has supposedly been “close” for months, but as of yet has not been finalised.

The Pies were in court again last Wednesday to face a winding up order (adjourned earlier in the year to facilitate the alleged take over) for 200K owed to HMRC. This figure is now apparently nearer to 850K. Only a day or so before this court case Terry Pritchard who was representing the SA consortium was apparently taken seriously ill (although no one seemed to know about it) and the case was adjourned again until next month. There is serious doubts over whether this takeover will take place.

The other group looking to buy Notts is headed by a “property developer” by the name of Alex May. Except that he isn’t really named Alex May as he changed it by deed poll from Alick Kapikanye. He was sentenced to 6 years in jail in 2014 for conning OAP’s out of their homes and repeatedly re mortgaging them to fund his lavish lifestyle.

His lawyer who is representing him in his attempt to buy Notts stated that the rest of the consortium knew of his past and added that “everyone deserves a second chance”

Now enter the ring Smurthwaite and rumour has it that the ex Mansfield owner Keith Haslam (who was as popular at Field Mill as Smurthwaite was here) is now sniffing around also.

You really couldn’t make this story up.

Losing Notts County would be the UK football equivalent of Notre Dame burning down.

I can't decide if there is anything in this or not. Has Norm just leaked the story to his tame newspaper because he likes to see his name in the press or is he really sniffing around Notts County. You would think he had learned his lesson by now but I guess an ego that big can create masses of self denial. I hope he doesn't get involved, I like Notts County as a place to visit but I won't be going there if it has any chance of putting more money in his pocket.

I can't decide if there is anything in this or not. Has Norm just leaked the story to his tame newspaper because he likes to see his name in the press or is he really sniffing around Notts County. You would think he had learned his lesson by now but I guess an ego that big can create masses of self denial. I hope he doesn't get involved, I like Notts County as a place to visit but I won't be going there if it has any chance of putting more money in his pocket.

Agreed RZ but it would be tempting just for the songs.

Learned his lesson?he has just made millions out of us

Archived