onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale fans sentenced after trouble at Grimsby

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

Not a single person, can come up with one single rational explanation, that makes actual sense.

I can't see any valid reason why something that wouldn't get to court anywhere else results in such harsh penalties because it took place in or near a football ground.

Far, far more people are affected by antisocial behaviour in everyday life but literally nothing is done about that.

I can't see any valid reason why something that wouldn't get to court anywhere else results in such harsh penalties because it took place in or near a football ground.

Far, far more people are affected by antisocial behaviour in everyday life but literally nothing is done about that.

This is the anomaly that frustrates me.

As others have said why is a ruck at Horse Racing or Boxing any different to Football ? Never seem to see any mass convictions for that, one at Haydock recently was particularly nasty.

The media is littered with tales of scrotes on their umpteenth court appearance who offer nothing to society that an injection wouldn't solve.

Some of these involved got swept up in the occasion.

Encroaching on a football pitch is deemed a ban these days. Can't say i saw many Bolton in court when they invaded the Vale pitch a couple of years ago.

Football fans continue to be the pariahs of society.

Tranmere last season we were kettled all the way to a train station that we didn't want to go to because the Police said so.

What other form of pastime/hobby/ entertainment treats people that way ?

This weekend coming i am going to Heaton Park with 50'000 others. No doubt there will be fights, loutish behaviour, drug use, flares , robberies( and that's just me and my mates :laugh: )

Will the perpetrators be banned from all music events in the UK ?

As i say the law is a joke.

I had to laugh at the article that described them as Vale "fans", with the inference of the speech marks saying they didn't fit the article writer's definition of what fans should be.

I assume that until the 90th minute they were acceptable as fans but not thereafter!

This is the anomaly that frustrates me.

As others have said why is a ruck at Horse Racing or Boxing any different to Football ? Never seem to see any mass convictions for that, one at Haydock recently was particularly nasty.

The media is littered with tales of scrotes on their umpteenth court appearance who offer nothing to society that an injection wouldn't solve.

Some of these involved got swept up in the occasion.

Encroaching on a football pitch is deemed a ban these days. Can't say i saw many Bolton in court when they invaded the Vale pitch a couple of years ago.

Football fans continue to be the pariahs of society.

Tranmere last season we were kettled all the way to a train station that we didn't want to go to because the Police said so.

What other form of pastime/hobby/ entertainment treats people that way ?

This weekend coming i am going to Heaton Park with 50'000 others. No doubt there will be fights, loutish behaviour, drug use, flares , robberies( and that's just me and my mates :laugh: )

Will the perpetrators be banned from all music events in the UK ?

As i say the law is a joke.

Going back to the 1970's, 1980's and early 1990's there was a consistent serious problem with violence inside and outside grounds. That includes the Champions League final in 1985 at Heysel Stadium where people lost their lives through violence in an unsafe stadium. This led to English clubs being banned from European competition for more or less a decade. After all that went on, action was taken to protect football clubs and well behaved fans from the violent people using it for organised violence. The initiatives had many good aspects including significantly upgraded grounds and now, violence is at a much lower level. This has led to far greater diversity in attendances with far more women and younger children. Other sports like horse racing, speedway, rugby, cricket have never historically had anything like the scale of problems football had.

Care to elaborate? I didn't see anything in Warren's post that was factually incorrect. As to attacking the poster, that's against forum rules.

I took it as he was referring to the thread starter.

Still against forum rules though.

My last post is not attacking anyone. It just says what I experienced going to football grounds in that era and what played out pretty much every weekend on TV news. In that era, when TV coverage of live games amounted to the two cup finals and highlights programmes on ITV and BBC, you had to go the stadiums to see top level football. No other way. So I watched Port Vale and Stoke City variously at that time. Stoke City was a truly dire experience full of racism, violence and abusive chanting that made unfit in particular to take young children. There was regular violence inside and outside the ground including stoning away fans walking back to the station from the cemetery. My Everton friends have told me a lot about that! The main chant from the Boothen end was "you will never take the Boothen". I stopped going to Stoke City after the relegation in circa 1984. I was lucky enough to see a couple of great sides in that era, Liverpool and Nottingham Forest. But it was definitely not worth going to put up with that for lower level opposition. Port Vale, at that time seemed a much more friendly and enjoyable place to visit and it has generally remained so. However, we do have an element of supporters who cause trouble and it is important frankly to get rid of them. So well done the Police and courts here.

My last post is not attacking anyone. It just says what I experienced going to football grounds in that era and what played out pretty much every weekend on TV news. In that era, when TV coverage of live games amounted to the two cup finals and highlights programmes on ITV and BBC, you had to go the stadiums to see top level football. No other way. So I watched Port Vale and Stoke City variously at that time. Stoke City was a truly dire experience full of racism, violence and abusive chanting that made unfit in particular to take young children. There was regular violence inside and outside the ground including stoning away fans walking back to the station from the cemetery. My Everton friends have told me a lot about that! The main chant from the Boothen end was "you will never take the Boothen". I stopped going to Stoke City after the relegation in circa 1984. I was lucky enough to see a couple of great sides in that era, Liverpool and Nottingham Forest. But it was definitely not worth going to put up with that for lower level opposition. Port Vale, at that time seemed a much more friendly and enjoyable place to visit and it has generally remained so. However, we do have an element of supporters who cause trouble and it is important frankly to get rid of them. So well done the Police and courts here.

I first started following Vale away in the 70s and always took my scarf - not usually to wear as there weren't enough of us compared to the home grown nutters, but to put down my trousers so if I got kicked there it wouldn't hurt. That's the kind of atmosphere I watched football in when I was younger and I for one don't want to see it come back.

They don't though, do they.

About 112,000 offenders have been dealt with through community resolution orders each year since 2014, the BBC's Shared Data Unit found.

The orders represent about 3% of all crime outcomes, but there has been a slight decline in their use over that period.

From 2014 to 2018, they were issued for:

Some 2,500 sex offences including 27 rapes (Police forces said these disposals could relate to sexual activity between children including sexting)Some 5,000 for possession of weapons, including knives and gunsSome 156,000 for violent offences against the person including 1,720 for cruelty to childrenSome 151,000 for theft offences including 3,555 for burglaries and 309 for aggravated vehicle taking

Archived