onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

NHS The sinking flagship

geosname

Advert

The death of a nine-year-old girl in Belfast's Royal Hospital for Sick Children in 1996 was caused by treatment she received in hospital, an inquest has found.

Claire Roberts' death was examined by the Hyponatraemia Inquiry.

But a new inquest was ordered after the chair of the inquiry said there had been a cover-up to "avoid scrutiny".

The number of cases uncovered by a maternity review at hospitals in Shropshire has more than doubled.

In April 2017, then Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt announced an investigation into avoidable baby deaths at SaTH, which runs Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and Telford's Princess Royal.

NHS Improvement has found more than 300 new cases of concern at the trust.

A relative of the founder of the NHS died after two NHS trusts made serious errors during his cancer treatment.

Doctors diagnosed Roderick Bevan in 2016 while treating him for another condition but did not offer him radiotherapy for another 15 months.

Neglect contributed to his death, an inquest found, with his family saying his great-uncle Aneurin Bevan "would have been appalled" by his care.

Two NHS trusts apologised and said processes had changed after a review.

Listeria outbreak: Health secretary orders NHS food review.

Warned 3 years ago apparently

When the Health Secretary was.....Jeremy Hunt. The same Jeremy Hunt that is now Foreign Secretary. The same Jeremy Hunt who wants to be Prime Minister.

Given a choice between him and Boris I think we're screwed either way.

500 doctors vote overwhelming to stop charging overseas patients for their treatment at NHS hospitals saying it was a fundamentally racist endeavour.

Luckily it’s not the doctors that make the laws in this country.

Having had many hospital apps over the last 10 years I can honestly say the care I have received has been outstanding.In my experience at the QE Birmingham,the Royal Stoke,Leighton,Haywood and Bradwell I cannot speak highly enough of the staff in all depts I have used.One thing which I have noticed,especially at the QE,is the amount of no shows for appointments.The QE have a running weekly total of missed appointments on a screen.It is normally around the 33% mark,which is a staggering amount when you consider the area that it covers.I appreciate there are genuine reasons why some people can’t attend but just think about the time genuine cases have to wait because of it.The NHS is still our flagship it just needs a bit of TLC from everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Who changed the pension rules in the last 8 years I wonder?

From 6 April 2016, the maximum you can have in a pension pot will be £1m, reduced from £1.25m. This figure will rise with inflation from April 2018. The government says the change will only affect wealthy people.

Copied and pasted from the BBC website.

If it had been introduced by Labour it would have been the applauded as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

A County Antrim woman who was told she would have to wait 166 weeks to see an orthopaedic consultant has said she is shocked and distressed.

Sandra Condon, who is a nurse, said she is in chronic pain.

Mrs Condon said she could not believe that she would have to wait more than three years to be seen "and then potentially three to four years after that for surgery".

Growing numbers of people in England are struggling to get hold of their GP, a survey suggests.

One in three reported it was not easy with a similar number also not happy with the appointment times available when they did get through.

On 11/07/2019 at 14:08, geosname said:

Growing numbers of people in England are struggling to get hold of their GP, a survey suggests.

One in three reported it was not easy with a similar number also not happy with the appointment times available when they did get through.

NHS compensation payouts were £2.36billion in 2018/19,a rise of £137m from the previous year.Half of that total came from maternity blunders.

The Medical Defence Union said the cost had "spiralled out of control".

Archived