onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shared streaming

Hi Rob,

I have a question.

On the oatcake there is a user of the forum who posts links to a stream that he is running from his computer. As an expat, he gets access to the ifollow international streaming and then allows people to join his stream privately by positing a link on the forum and allowing a certain number of users to pay X for a password.

What would OVF's feelings be towards this? I am a newly expatriated Vale fan who will be buying games regularly and feel it would be a shame not to allow others who are trying to watch their club an opportunity to watch.

Cheers

Advert

Thanks for asking so politely but not for me, sorry.

Much as I can see the appeal of a live stream which would otherwise be unavailable to UK fans (myself included) I wouldn't allow for the following reasons:

1. Like it or not, Vale need to generate revenue and this is providing otherwise paid content for free.

2. I do try and help the club through OVF (we have brought in over £15k in competition prizes and sponsorships) so I wouldn't advocate something which could deny the club money.

3. It is illegal as it is breaking the FLi rules - so in legal terms it would get OVF (and yourself) into trouble.

So, sorry (I'm sounding all Simon Cowell now) it's a "No" from me...

Thanks for asking so politely but not for me, sorry.

Much as I can see the appeal of a live stream which would otherwise be unavailable to UK fans (myself included) I wouldn't allow for the following reasons:

1. Like it or not, Vale need to generate revenue and this is providing otherwise paid content for free.

2. I do try and help the club through OVF (we have brought in over £15k in competition prizes and sponsorships) so I wouldn't advocate something which could deny the club money.

3. It is illegal as it is breaking the FLi rules - so in legal terms it would get OVF (and yourself) into trouble.

So, sorry (I'm sounding all Simon Cowell now) it's a "No" from me...

Sure thing, I wanted to ask but thought that would be the response. I wonder why the oatcake allow it as its most definitely against the rules.

Sure thing, I wanted to ask but thought that would be the response. I wonder why the oatcake allow it as its most definitely against the rules.

Emile,

Thanks for your understanding.

I guess from my perspective and without sounding too much of a do-gooder, while I would love to see a stream in the UK (midweek matches and quite a few Saturday games are impossible for me to get at due to family/work) I do realise that watching one is going to be damaging the club financially.

Much as it's a pain for people out of the area to get to games (not to mention the cost of driving several hundred miles and match tickets) that's why the clubs put these restrictions in place so that they do get people coming and paying admission.

I find it odd that another forum would allow it, that's a judgement call for them, but I would guess that having streams on there won't be helping Stoke either so it's a bit odd that a "fans" forum would happily let something illegal and which loses the club revenue continue. Perhaps they haven't seen the post?

Emile,

Thanks for your understanding.

I guess from my perspective and without sounding too much of a do-gooder, while I would love to see a stream in the UK (midweek matches and quite a few Saturday games are impossible for me to get at due to family/work) I do realise that watching one is going to be damaging the club financially.

Much as it's a pain for people out of the area to get to games (not to mention the cost of driving several hundred miles and match tickets) that's why the clubs put these restrictions in place so that they do get people coming and paying admission.

I find it odd that another forum would allow it, that's a judgement call for them, but I would guess that having streams on there won't be helping Stoke either so it's a bit odd that a "fans" forum would happily let something illegal and which loses the club revenue continue. Perhaps they haven't seen the post?

I believe the streamer does it for every game and actually gets around 50 people to pay a couple of quid to watch it. Its a cheaper option for those who live far away and don't want to pay £10 per game (which is quite expensive for a TV game really). Think the oatcake just don't care as much as someone like yourself does :)

Cheers for the response anyway!

If you buy a full Season pass you will get ca 50 games for about 140GBP so decent value (Don't know what the price is for the up coming season).

Person on the Oatcake should be reported and stopped as he'll ruin the service for everyone, expats, clubs, you name it.

Good call Rob.

If you buy a full Season pass you will get ca 50 games for about 140GBP so decent value (Don't know what the price is for the up coming season).

Person on the Oatcake should be reported and stopped as he'll ruin the service for everyone, expats, clubs, you name it.

Good call Rob.

That’s not a bad option I might do that anyway, cheers

That’s not a bad option I might do that anyway, cheers

Well worth it Emile....been using it for the last two seasons and apart from the odd glitch it has allowed me to watch every Vale game. Absolutely agree with Paul6754 it would be terrible if some idiot on the Oatcake ruined the service for everyone one else.

I can get DAB in Manchester but if the weather's a bit off then Matt Sandoz sounds like a dalek.

Just out of interest, what is the setup that the Stoke fan does? Does he have a capture card? Does he broadcast like the kids do these days on that Twitch thing or does he just point a camera at his screen?

I can get DAB in Manchester but if the weather's a bit off then Matt Sandoz sounds like a dalek.

Just out of interest, what is the setup that the Stoke fan does? Does he have a capture card? Does he broadcast like the kids do these days on that Twitch thing or does he just point a camera at his screen?

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/287763/30pm-click-stoke-sheffield-stream

Its all pretty blatant, surprised I seem to be the only person who has seen it. They were offering it as a stream for the Vale game last season thats how I noticed it.

A mate of mine uses that service from time to time. Mainly for the Saturday 3 o clock games he can't get to.

He can get the midweek Championship games at no extra cost on Sky's red button service whereas the EFL expects people who support League One and Two clubs to pay a tenner a game on iFollow.

I believe the streamer does it for every game and actually gets around 50 people to pay a couple of quid to watch it. Its a cheaper option for those who live far away and don't want to pay £10 per game (which is quite expensive for a TV game really). Think the oatcake just don't care as much as someone like yourself does :)

Cheers for the response anyway!

Emile, the cost of iFollow for 12 months is £110 (inclusive of VAT/sales tax) as I just received my renewal, the previous figure I mentioned was probably my "dollar figure", so it's even better value for you....I'm not on commission honest.

Archived