onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bennell gets worse, and Eddie Heath

Fosse69

Advert

Its to Crewe football clubs  abiding shame that they continue to try and brush this under the carpet. It is obvious to everyone else that their hierarchy are still trying to minimise the damage their employees caused to minors under their care as the first priority rather than addressing the terrible damage inflicted on young footballers. I feel sorry for the Crewe fans as they had no part in this but are tarred with the same brush as their Board and Management . I dont know how these people can sleep at night. Disgraceful and one can only hope the full justice of the Law comes down hard  if very belatedly on all involved.

• Fosse69 changed the title to Bennell gets worse, and Eddie Heath
On 05/06/2019 at 09:10, Jacko51 said:

The club were warned about Bennell and did nothing. That's why they are to blame.

Is this another reason why Gradi has been suspended for 2 years, as with Bennell he knew all about what was happening with Heath at Chelsea. Disgusting both by him and Crewe Alexandra who just keep hoping it will go away.

5 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

I feel sorry for the Crewe fans as they had no part in this but are tarred with the same brush as their Board and Management . I dont know how these people can sleep at night. Disgraceful and one can only hope the full justice of the Law comes down hard  if very belatedly on all involved.

I don't feel remotely sorry for their fans. They could do a lot to try and ensure that things were, not 'put right' exactly, but pressure could be exerted on the board to at least formally apologise and hold an independent enquiry. Instead you read them on their boards trying to brush it under the carpet or just ignoring the fact that their club employed someone who raped children and haven't even apologised to the victims. In fact, their club are paying lawyers to defend them against the victims.I honestly don't think any football fan worth their salt should consider going to Gresty Road whilst the current board are in place. They're utter filth, scum of the earth, and how people could countenance putting money in their pockets by attending matches there is beyond me. I feel so strongly about this. If I had the time, I would genuinely try and organise some kind of co-ordinated boycott of Gresty Road. <ovf censored> hate them.

I read these pages on this very disturbing subject and personally find it very difficult to comment. 

No one, but no one, could possibly defend the actions of the mentioned perpetrators. No one, 

But do I think that Gradi himself was involved directly in these heinous crimes ? No I don’t. The relevant authorities will have been all over his history like a rash trying to implicate him in similar behaviour. Yet nothing has been found, despite no doubt concerted efforts to do so.

Do I think that he helped to sweep it under the carpet ? Yes I do. And this is what I find most troubling. Did he accept that this sort of behaviour went on at Chelsea and Crewe and turned a blind eye to it  as these coaches were doing a good job in the footballing sense, or was he somehow involved in the “ring” ? But is just by turning a blind eye (if indeed that is what he did) make him as guilty as the others ? I think it does. And then does that implicate the club ownership ? I think it does. 

A very, very troubling and disturbing situation. My heart goes out to those poor souls involved. 

Railway Rowdy. I believe several interviewees of Daniel Taylor in the Guardian who has done a great job covering this scandal have implicated Gradi as much worse than "turning a blind eye". Unfortunately, it is very tricky to publish without firm evidence. I also suspect it is being covered up because of the issues it would cause the FA given their general fawning over him. 

Like Savile and others, the truth will come out when it is too late to prosecute him.   

CV, Thanks for your input.

First of all, let me make it quite clear that in no way am I trying to defend any perpetrators of these heinous crimes. Far from it. But one thing that disturbs me is when allegations are made against people when no one is prepared to actually accuse these individuals of the said crimes. This attitude tends to tell me that no concrete evidence is available, other than the circumstantial variety. If this information is available, then actually come out and accuse them of the said crime.

As stated in my previous post, I find this topic extremely difficult because of the delicate subject matter. But until concrete evidence of Gradi’s direct involvement is produced, I really don’t know what to think.

But clearly he would appear to be involved to some degree, which as I’ve stated before is just as terrible.

24 minutes ago, RailwayRowdy said:

CV, Thanks for your input.

First of all, let me make it quite clear that in no way am I trying to defend any perpetrators of these heinous crimes. Far from it. But one thing that disturbs me is when allegations are made against people when no one is prepared to actually accuse these individuals of the said crimes. This attitude tends to tell me that no concrete evidence is available, other than the circumstantial variety. If this information is available, then actually come out and accuse them of the said crime.

As stated in my previous post, I find this topic extremely difficult because of the delicate subject matter. But until concrete evidence of Gradi’s direct involvement is produced, I really don’t know what to think.

But clearly he would appear to be involved to some degree, which as I’ve stated before is just as terrible.

What do you mean by direct involvement. Does knowing what was happening and turning a blonde eye count? 

17 hours ago, Andyregs said:

What do you mean by direct involvement. Does knowing what was happening and turning a blonde eye count? 

Worse than that, Andyregs. This is going off the comments of a Crewe supporting journo mate who has seen the transcripts of Woodward's original interview with Taylor. I suspect there isn't much more that can be said on here without potentially getting RobF into trouble, given Gradi is still an innocent man in the eyes of the law.  

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 20:32, mr.hobblesworth said:

I don't feel remotely sorry for their fans. They could do a lot to try and ensure that things were, not 'put right' exactly, but pressure could be exerted on the board to at least formally apologise and hold an independent enquiry. Instead you read them on their boards trying to brush it under the carpet or just ignoring the fact that their club employed someone who raped children and haven't even apologised to the victims. In fact, their club are paying lawyers to defend them against the victims.I honestly don't think any football fan worth their salt should consider going to Gresty Road whilst the current board are in place. They're utter filth, scum of the earth, and how people could countenance putting money in their pockets by attending matches there is beyond me. I feel so strongly about this. If I had the time, I would genuinely try and organise some kind of co-ordinated boycott of Gresty Road. <ovf censored> hate them.

this brings to mind " All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is that good men do nothing..." but in this case I don't think good is appropriate either.

Archived