onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale sign Kieran Kennedy

News Feed

new-signing-150x78.jpgPort Vale have confirmed the signing of defender Kieran Kennedy.

A club statement said:

The club are pleased to announce that defender Kieran Kennedy, has agreed to sign for the Vale on a one-year deal when his contract expires at Wrexham.

Kennedy becomes John Askey’s third summer signing after the additions of Scott Burgess and Adam Crookes.

The Manchester City Academy graduate arrives at the club having spent the remainder of last season at National League side Wrexham, where he made 13 appearances and scored in two.

Continue reading Port Vale sign Kieran Kennedy at onevalefan.co.uk.

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

Advert

Saw him play once up here for Motherwell against Hearts and he had enough of a nightmare that I remembered his name straight away - owned by our striker Osman Sow all day and nearly gifted us a goal by passing back straight to one of our strikers.

Hopefully he's improved since then though!

The last manager, Neil Aspin brought in none league players that he had worked with or seen in none league performances and liked.

I hope that John Askey has more success in this sphere.

Also hope that he will bring in some experienced players in their twenties with proven L1 and L2 ability.

It is early days and I do have confidence the manager. Just hoping for an improved season.

If Burgess and Kennedy have been brought in to replace say Rawlinson and Whitfield (assuming Askey get rid of them)as squad players,then I can understand their signing. However, we desperately need 3/4 players with experience, pref aged 25-28, who are going to be first team regulars, providing they remain fit. I look forward to seeing who Askey signs who fit into this category.

25 years of age and ONE efl appearance ! This is getting all too familiar.

I don't quite understand that - we've signed two players so far and only one (Kennedy) has just one League start.

Then again last season, we also signed a player with no league starts and that player seemed to have a pretty good spell with us (Mitch Clark).

I'm very much of the opinion of giving a player a chance - if a past record was a guarantee of success or failure then football management would be easy. We've had plenty of highly rated signings who've done beggar all and plenty of unknowns who have done well. We've also had unknowns who've done poorly but at least then (unlike a big money failure) it doesn't cost the club much to get rid.

To me it looks like Askey is adding a few chancers to the squad. Some fail, some succeed but we won't actually know till they pull on a Port Vale shirt.

I also think it's worth seeing what we have at the end of the summer. Askey has already said he may wait a while to see if some more expensive players will drop their demands in a month or two so it seems like he's keeping his options open on more "well-known" additions.

25 years of age and ONE efl appearance ! This is getting all too familiar.

Burgess - 20 apps for, at the time, League 1 Bury.

Crooks - 20 apps for us last season

Kennedy - 20 apps for Motherwell in the SPL, which, despite the easy lampooning, is still at FL standard.

Can't spot any familiarity, personally.

Archived