onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

TV series you are watching

robf

Dunno where you read that but it's nonsense.

I like the 2nd series and thought it was better than the 1st in many ways, certainly had more of a narrative arc. The third is generally slated but it had some really great episodes, Geoff going to London being one that springs to mind. Christmas special was great but I thought the recent specials were quite poor. Psychoville and Inside no. 9 are arguably the better shows.

Mark Gatiss worked on the script for, and made a guest appearance in, Little Britain.

Advert

Chernobyl is brilliant. Just finished episode 4. It's obviously very dark but it is done so well.

I like the crime stuff. Luther, line of duty, the fall. They're all really good. But my favourite has to be waking the dead. Trevor Eves Boyd is one of my favourite ever characters

Currently binge watching Narcos on Netflix. Tried it before but couldn't get into it but watched Narcos Mexico first and now that I'm used to the style, I'm watching the three Colombian seasons. Pablo Escobar - A moustached wheeler dealer with an over inflated ego who gets power obsessed and won't listen to a word of advice. Now who does that remind me of?

Currently binge watching Narcos on Netflix. Tried it before but couldn't get into it but watched Narcos Mexico first and now that I'm used to the style, I'm watching the three Colombian seasons. Pablo Escobar - A moustached wheeler dealer with an over inflated ego who gets power obsessed and won't listen to a word of advice. Now who does that remind me of?

I really liked Narcos - although I drifted off the series that followed the Escobar episodes. The guy who played Escobar is fantastic - the right level of comic figure who at the blink of an eye can turn scary as hell.

Got 3 new episodes of the sometimes brilliant Black Mirror to watch. Also recording 63 Up. Anyone watched this yet? I've heard it's quite sad...

Also, Mum! Anyone ekse watch this? 2nd series got on my nerves but these final 6 episodes have been pretty much perfect.

We watch Mum but yet to fully catch up yet. We were getting annoyed at some episodes shouting "just get the people out of your house and talk to each other in private"...

Looking forward to watching the new Black Mirrors - Charlie Brooker is a big hero of mine, he's just brilliant...

We watch Mum but yet to fully catch up yet. We were getting annoyed at some episodes shouting "just get the people out of your house and talk to each other in private"...

Yeah, I got frustrated with that. The first series had a bit of it but when the second basically went over the same ground, I got a bit exasperated. This final one is much better for a lack of that kind of stuff though. There's a proper ending too.

I was quite disappointed with first one of the new Black Mirrors - the one with the Street Fighter game stuff - and am saving the third one (with Miley Cyrus in it!) for tomorrow but the 2nd one is one of the best they've done.

I'm not watching this as it's not even been made yet but I'm not sure I actually would if it was on (and I was young).

BBC One announces adaptation of iconic Worzel Gummidge starring Mackenzie Crook with first look picture

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2019/worzel-gummidge

Absolutely terrifying. Compared to this monstrosity, Jon Pertwee's paedophile tramp looks positively wholesome and cuddly.

Aiming for at least one Black Mirror during the weekend.

I loved Bandernatch, as someone who owned a Spectrum and used to do the whole type-in programming stuff in Basic when I was a kid. I didn't have the greatest night's sleep after watching/playing it the first time.

Archived