onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

North/ South Vale and Stoke divide?

Brought up in Trent Vale where there was a massive 95/05% Stoke/Vale split. My family were all Stoke fanatics and my parents would not ever believe I wanted to watch the Vale.

Went on to live in Trentham, again a big 80/20% Stoke/Vale split and then onto Stone where it was similar.

Now graduated to Penkridge where I am virtually a lone Valiant, although I know other Vale fans live nearby in Brewood, Wolverhampton etc.

Proud to vocalise my support for our great Club, wherever I live but like others, am now hopeful of our new owners desire to put us back on the map and maybe we can attract more youngsters to our fold to carry on the tradition.

One in Coven Onestep.

The last time we played Wolves at VP I saw a bunch of Wolves fans from Coven who recognised me and couldn't believe I was a Vale fan. Rest of the village split 80/20 between Wolves and Albion.

Advert

I grew up in Kidsgrovewhich is north of the 5 towns, I'd say the majority of football fans at school/in kidsgrove were Stoke fans.

I went to Wolstanton Grammar and I can only remember a few other Vale fans in all my time there (yes pjg1876, you were one of them). Especially as my 4th year (year 10 in new money) was the one when the stripey eyes won the League Cup. :sad:

Grew up in Butt Lane. Started off going to watch Stoke with my dad who was a ST holder.

My uncle was a Vale ST holder and introduced me to Vale in 76, never looked back.

I would say the split of Stoke/Vale in Butt Lane and Kidsgrove to be massively in favour of Stoke

I went to school in Endon and it was pretty much a 50/50 split. Maybe slightly more Vale fans.

What era was that? I was there early 80’s and tbh there were not that many Vale fans. Jean was of course spreading the word, and I remember listening to FA Cup draws in her history room

What era was that? I was there early 80’s and tbh there were not that many Vale fans. Jean was of course spreading the word, and I remember listening to FA Cup draws in her history room
I left in 99, so a bit after that. Quite a few Vale fans in our year. In fact I'd say 60/40 Vale

I left in 99, so a bit after that. Quite a few Vale fans in our year. In fact I'd say 60/40 Vale

Numbers boosted by the Rudge / Jacko influence by then!

Let’s hope we can build a new wave of fans under the Askey era.

My kids were at Endon until 2017, and Vale certainly favoured by several of the teachers

Lived in Westbury Park for 8 years and there was a good amount of Vale fans, around 40/60, probably because the estate was new when I lived there so people had moved in from other areas. The Vale players would often drink at the Westbury tavern and a few lived on the estate. The surrounding areas like Trentham and Clayton were over 90% Stoke fans.

Archived