Home Forum News History Predictions About Contact
Jacko51

Good Book Thread

Just started the new book by Mark Haddon, the man who wrote The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. So far it's so so good. The opening chapter was so gripping, detailing a heavily pregnant woman taking a (final) flight across the channel in a small private plane along with the pilot (obvs) and his young son ("He will be dead in two hours").

My wife and son are visiting relatives for a couple of days so I get the very rare luxury of being able to read in bed. There was a time when I'd have seized this opportunity to get leathered or invite friends over but now I just look forward to an early night and a book, like a square.

Just started Hush Hush by Mel Sherratt - a crime novel about a serial killer set in Stoke! Will let you know!

Well I enjoyed it! It's a typical crime/whodunit but the setting is very local - she even mentions Endon High School at one point! Mel Sherratt is one of the guests at the Festival in the Factory this week so I'm going to have a listen.