onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cambridge United sign former Port Vale winger Luke Hannant

News Feed

luke-hannant-alt2-150x78.jpgLeague Two rivals Cambridge United have announced the signing of released Port Vale player Luke Hannant.

Hannant has agreed a two-year deal with United.

Former Gateshead player Hannant was signed by Neil Aspin when he was appointed Port Vale manager. The winger enjoyed a decent start to his Vale career and at one stage he was linked with a potential move to Championship side Bolton Wanderers.

However, Hannant was in and out of the Vale starting line-up under Aspin’s successor John Askey and was released at the end of the season.

Continue reading Cambridge United sign former Port Vale winger Luke Hannant at onevalefan.co.uk.

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

Advert

I guess time will tell whether releasing him was the right thing to do.

Certainly has potential and one for me worth keeping , has with a great attitude just needed to nail down a particular role/position- presume with other players under contract and the need to juggle he was let go (would certainly have him over whitfield).

Hope he goes on to do well and has a good reception on his return to vale park.

Releasing Luke was clearly the most controversial decision around the retained list. I would wager it was also the most difficult for John Askey. Ultimately he needed to get as many off the wage bill as possible to give him room for future signings. I think Luke will do reasonably well at Lge 2 level, good luck to him.

Releasing Luke was clearly the most controversial decision around the retained list. I would wager it was also the most difficult for John Askey. Ultimately he needed to get as many off the wage bill as possible to give him room for future signings. I think Luke will do reasonably well at Lge 2 level, good luck to him.

I think Askey understands the need for the wide men to score goals and create. Something which Hannant cant do.

Gives his all and will play you 40 games a season though without doing a great deal. Good squad player.

How do you work that out? Askey was manager for 16 games, Hannant played in 15 of them and was a starter in 12??

So you would release a regular first team player and replace him with a poor chancer from non league?

The players we are bringing in are worse players get real.

So you would release a regular first team player and replace him with a poor chancer from non league?

The players we are bringing in are worse players get real.

Ernie I was also keen to read your answer to Jacko's question which was factually based. What is your answer to the query about Luke nor being given a chance? As for who we are signing being worse, well how do you know who those players are? Am keen to understand the points you are making and the evidence to support it. By the way I see Scott Burgess as a player in the squad to replace Calveley and Benns and his record is demonstrably better than theirs.

Ernie I was also keen to read your answer to Jacko's question which was factually based. What is your answer to the query about Luke nor being given a chance? As for who we are signing being worse, well how do you know who those players are? Am keen to understand the points you are making and the evidence to support it. By the way I see Scott Burgess as a player in the squad to replace Calveley and Benns and his record is demonstrably better than theirs.

We are trying to improve the team.

Hannant has been one of the better first team players for the whole season not missing matches due to injuries or poor form.You are joking if you think all the players coming in will be better than him.We are going to get chancers like Scott Carsson who you admit is not as good as Hannant so why bother.

Quality not quantity.

Archived