onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Scott Burgess new signing

yorky valiant

Why bother releasing good squad players then replacing them with even worse players.

Get the main first team players in first then look who is available when the basis of the first team is complete.

I am sure there will be plenty of Lloyd and Burgess level players available when that is done.No one will be queuing up to sign them except non league teams.

When you are in a queue EMR, do you get served quicker or slower than when your on your own? A suspect that is why it takes longer to get these so called first team certs you want to join club over the line as opposed to the ones the manager knows will fit into his system but arent the sequins on the ball gown, instead the hidden hood for when it's raining.

Advert

It's getting ridiculous now, do the signings have to be the very best first guaranteed 1st team and then on a sliding scale downwards to squad players, football transfers and deals don't work like that.

No of course not, but this is a lower league chancer. Simple statement of fact. A player who could not get a game with Wrexham. I'm all behind the new regime, but come on? That does not mean you cannot say this is a duff signing.

He's a dud. Want a bet he'll never make 10 appearances for Vale?

Why bother releasing good squad players then replacing them with even worse players.

Get the main first team players in first then look who is available when the basis of the first team is complete.

I am sure there will be plenty of Lloyd and Burgess level players available when that is done.No one will be queuing up to sign them except non league teams.

Am I missing something? Who are all these “good squad players” we’ve released?

As for getting the main first team players in, I’m sure all managers would love to do that but it’s never that straight forward. Some players will take their time. If a player has a number of clubs interested they can afford to sit back a little and hold out for the best deal. In reality any manager will make his signings as they come along, in no particular order.

We’ve already done our best business of the summer, getting Scott Brown signed up so why not harp on about that?

People just want the best for vale as always but jumping on a player before he has kicked a ball, we had Brooker from Watford reserves nobody jumped on his back,remember miles from Yeovil there player off the season for 2 years but was garbage for us.

No of course not, but this is a lower league chancer. Simple statement of fact. A player who could not get a game with Wrexham. I'm all behind the new regime, but come on? That does not mean you cannot say this is a duff signing.

Lower league football is full of non league chancers, some work out some don’t. There’s nothing wrong with Askey taking a punt on a player he clearly knows well from his time at Macc. Every signing is a gamble, but clearly some are more of a gamble than others. If I was being negative I would say that we’ve signed a player who seemingly doesn’t score goals, something we’re desperate for, but for all we know he maybe a great provider. We won’t know until we see him play. Will he be a dud, or play more than 10 games? Impossible to say at this point in time.

The manager has to build his squad with one eye on the budget so it may be that we’ve added a squad player for relatively little cost, leaving extra funds for elsewhere. It’s early days, let’s wait and see 👍

All competitions and sub appearances count? I'll take that...

Welcome Scott. He scores an occasional long range goal.

Players who score goals cost money. We still have Miller at the club. Maybe JA can get him performing and scoring on a Saturday afternoon?

If we're to get towards the top seven, we must add goals in midfield.

I'm looking forward to seeing who JA adds to the team over the coming weeks.

Can anybody remember where Sodje came from I can it was darlington they said he was **** and they would drive him to us,and look what happened we got a fee for him for once please give new players a chance

Ahh wondered when someone would mention sodje. He’s been 1 out of 1000 that’s worked. If we hadn’t had a change in chairman and made this signing there would be a completely different reaction on here.

We need an Andy Porter or Michael Brown type of player in the middle of the pitch who will literally stamp their authority on games, organise, motivate, defend, create, score and lead the team.

Already got one - Oyeleke (maybe not organising and motivating). We just need a physio alongside him!....and the small matter of him signing a new contract!

Ahh wondered when someone would mention sodje. He’s been 1 out of 1000 that’s worked. If we hadn’t had a change in chairman and made this signing there would be a completely different reaction on here.

“1 out of 1000”? Certainly not the case if you go back to the Rudge era. The problem is that everyone is after that undiscovered gem so it’s always a difficult task. That said there are still plenty of players who make the step up from non league so I don’t see any problem in the manager taking a gamble on the odd squad player. Most fans seem to rate Oyeleke, didn’t he come from non league? The main thing is that the signings must be made by the manager rather than anyone else in the club, as seemed the case during the previous regime.

Most fans seem to rate Oyeleke, didn’t he come from non league?

He was clearly from the very top of non-league though - an ever-present (incredibly!), player-of-the-season in a Conference play-off team.

A bit different to players that couldn't get into National League sides and had to ply their trade a level lower in the North/South division.

(that's not a specific dig at Burgess, as I've obviously not seen him play)

Archived