8 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

He’s apparently as mental as Norman according to their fans on Twitter. 

Has this Gateshead guy been run down by a taxi ? Or beat up by a female employee’s irate husband ?  Or dressed up like a children’s tv character whilst representing the club he owns ? Or taken an alleged £100,000 fee off a lifetime fan so he could act as a faux pas chairman for a year ? Or feed his own players with stale left over pies from the previous home match ? Or abuse his own team’s fans on social media after too much Vino De Calapso ? Or buy another clubs ground and starves his own club of investment whilst it is facing relegation from the Football League ? Or make friends with a convicted rapist ? Or watch another league team whilst his own is playing ? Or .........

Not that I’m bitter of course.

Tragic, a stark reminder of what could of happened and a real shock it has actually happened.

Ironically our game at their place was the last time they kicked a ball in anger and the friendly the last time they kicked a ball in any form. Not a good part of history to have played a part in.

Hurts as a fan of a traditional EFL club and hopefully this at least causes reform into the EFL and how clubs are allowed to run.

• Thanks 1

Very sad news. Former cup winners and all. I can’t imagine how their fans must feel. We can only be thankful for having a club to support, thanks to all the hard work by our own fans and  the Shanahans. One question. How can the likes of Man Utd , Liverpool and other clubs get away with owing millions , and the likes of Bury are pulled up and expelled? 

3 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

Very sad news. Former cup winners and all. I can’t imagine how their fans must feel. We can only be thankful for having a club to support, thanks to all the hard work by our own fans and  the Shanahans. One question. How can the likes of Man Utd , Liverpool and other clubs get away with owing millions , and the likes of Bury are pulled up and expelled? 

It doesn’t really matter how big a debt a club has as long as they are able to service that debt. I’m guessing Man U and Liverpool are able to service their debt and Bury weren’t.

sad day for Bury, though I won’t miss the 2 mile walk trying to find the hidden coaches after the game.

• Thanks 1

It's a very sad day for Bury and lower league football in general. I just think how lucky we are to have got rid of Smurthwaite with the Shanahans meeting his inflated valuation.

It surely makes people realise just how badly governed English football is with the 'fat cats' taking all of the cream and keeping the remainder of the football pyramid left to scrat around for the crumbs. It is a disgraceful situation.

I wonder if those who reviled the protesters and the Black and Gold group in particular now realise that without these people we could have been the next Bury by being owned by a man who has no love or affection for our club and who simply chose to 'sucked the lifeblood' out of our finances.

Shame on people such as he and also the governing bodies of football who wine and dine on the majority of football clubs poverty.

My sincere feelings go out to all the genuine Bury fans and Staff and people associated with the Club. They are not the only club that is trading so very, very close to the wind.

Mixed thoughts about who is to blame for their mess but boy oh boy it does sink in deep with us Valiants after our few years of absolute dread, fear and trepidation.

As has been stated on here we have to sit back and seriously acknowledge what a truly fantastic new ownership we now have and what they had to do to rid us of catastrophe. Unfortunately Bury could not find such human kindness or sincerity.

To those on here who still want to continue to criticise and belittle the early days of Carol and Kevin's reign, I say please take a moment to honestly consider why you need to. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just shows that throwing money you don't have around chasing the dream can bite you on the backside , hope fans realise this before they start putting pressure on carol and Kevin to spend more when we are not winning every game 5-0 !!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

...One question. How can the likes of Man Utd , Liverpool and other clubs get away with owing millions , and the likes of Bury are pulled up and expelled? 

Just guessing...perhaps they have the capacity to service the interests due on all their bank and other  loans...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

My sincere feelings go out to all the genuine Bury fans and Staff and people associated with the Club. They are not the only club that is trading so very, very close to the wind.

Mixed thoughts about who is to blame for their mess but boy oh boy it does sink in deep with us Valiants after our few years of absolute dread, fear and trepidation.

As has been stated on here we have to sit back and seriously acknowledge what a truly fantastic new ownership we now have and what they had to do to rid us of catastrophe. Unfortunately Bury could not find such human kindness or sincerity.

To those on here who still want to continue to criticise and belittle the early days of Carol and Kevin's reign, I say please take a moment to honestly consider why you need to. 

Well said.