29 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

This is why it’s often a good idea to keep an eye on Companies House despite what some on here may think. 

Dont you think the crap that is the efl should do the same.

Efl dont care about anything but what is ok for them.

They cant even get the fixtures right, even though we have told them how to work it. I give up with them, they are no good end of.

The EFL should have enforced their laws properly in December last year when SD2 bought the club without approval.

I'm not sure what jurisdiction they had to intervene when SD1 was in charge and his student accomodation ponzi scheme was bankrolling the club. I genuinely don't know if more could have been done.

Funny how fans who ask awkward questions can be branded trouble makers, yet those that don't still get criticized if things go wrong.

• Like 1

I aren't sure what people actually expect the EFL to do.  FFP is a joke, we all know that.  There are loopholes in how money can be put into the club etc... 

Fit and proper test?  I aren't sure what this entails but unless somebody is barred from being a director or have serious criminal prosecutions against them, what else are they checking?  Ethics? How would you check them anyway?  Asset stripping is a point of perspective.  One man will argue it's the dismateling of a good business for personal gain.  Another would argue it was maximising the value of a failing business before it collapsed...  are the EFL supposed to judge the ethics of each transaction and judge accordingly.

Blame whatever authority you like but the true custodians of football clubs are its supporters.  If the fans aren't looking out for there own clubs interests why is it the fault of the EFL when it goes bad?

Vale fans have successfully mobilised and riddled our club of two detrimental regimes in the last decade.  It's been a long, hard struggle at times.  I am confident that if our new owners suddenly started offering 5k a week salaries and started talking about building new stadiums that a significant number of our fans would be asking some very shrewd questions very publicly.

33 minutes ago, Properman said:

Dont you think the crap that is the efl should do the same.

Efl dont care about anything but what is ok for them.

They cant even get the fixtures right, even though we have told them how to work it. I give up with them, they are no good end of.

The problem with the EFl as it is currently run is that any changes in the rules of ownership have to be agree by the members - ie the clubs.  Some chairman will not vote for anything that stops them ripping off their clubs.

6 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Vale fans have successfully mobilised and riddled our club of two detrimental regimes in the last decade.  It's been a long, hard struggle at times.  I am confident that if our new owners suddenly started offering 5k a week salaries and started talking about building new stadiums that a significant number of our fans would be asking some very shrewd questions very publicly.

Indeed they would and have - only to be criticised by other fans for doing so.

• Thanks 1

On 16/08/2019 at 08:30, valeparklife said:

We've all seen this coming for a while - small club with small gates signing big name (high earning) players was never going to be sustainable. The same thing would happen at Salford/Mansfield/FGR if their wealthy owners stopped bankrolling.

It's the fans I feel sorry for though. It must be horrible for them to think their club could cease to exist.

Spot on,the attendance figures at those three clubs don't justify their playing budgets.

• Like 1

There’s a “y” in the day so naturally Bury have another game postponed by the EFL. This time it’s saturday’s trip to Tranmere. 

Steve Dale obviously see’s no problems at Gigg Lane as he turns down another offer to buy the club as he says he “could get a better deal” elsewhere. Well, he better get it pretty damn quick if Bury are to survive. What planet is this guy on ?

Three days to save the Shakers. And counting. 

17 hours ago, valefan16 said:

That might not be an issue in 3 days time.

If the worst comes to the worst and I sincerely hope it doesn't there will be only 3 clubs relegated from League One at the end of the season and just one club from League Two will lose their League status.

Just now, For Us All said:

If the worst comes to the worst and I sincerely hope it doesn't there will be only 3 clubs relegated from League One at the end of the season and just one club from League Two will lose their League status.

Correct, if Bolton join them relegation wont even feature at this level!

Crazy situation, seen a rumour on another forum that the FSF have said already Bury will be gone Friday.