onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bury

robf

Advert

Only reason I can think of why the EFL are considering this is that some of Dale's accusations about them actively working against Bury & putting obstacles in the way of a takeover are true. Which could mean that the potential legal action they were being threatened with has some actual grounds.

Seems unlikely given the type of person Dale is, but I don't really have much faith in the EFL either. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they broke their own rules at some point just to remove Bury/Dale from the league. They're not exactly consistent are they when it comes to rulings with clubs in trouble.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Only reason I can think of why the EFL are considering this is that some of Dale's accusations about them actively working against Bury & putting obstacles in the way of a takeover are true. Which could mean that the potential legal action they were being threatened with has some actual grounds.

Seems unlikely given the type of person Dale is, but I don't really have much faith in the EFL either. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they broke their own rules at some point just to remove Bury/Dale from the league. They're not exactly consistent are they when it comes to rulings with clubs in trouble.

There may well be complications that we do not know about so I am willing to hold judgement for a while, but the decision should not too long that it makes the relegation situation in L2 uncertain, thus decision this year is required. I remember the days in the Mathews period when Vale were expelled from the league and perhaps only his reputation brought us back. Peterborough for the same offences were relegated to L4 but we stayed in L4, in their minds we were not punished in the same extent.

I still stick with them being given a L2 relegation spot as the minimum sentence.

11 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

There may well be complications that we do not know about so I am willing to hold judgement for a while, but the decision should not too long that it makes the relegation situation in L2 uncertain, thus decision this year is required. I remember the days in the Mathews period when Vale were expelled from the league and perhaps only his reputation brought us back. Peterborough for the same offences were relegated to L4 but we stayed in L4, in their minds we were not punished in the same extent.

I still stick with them being given a L2 relegation spot as the minimum sentence.

So no punishment then is the minimum. Personally don’t buy it. Div 2 and minus 30 to begin with then fair do’s, as a minimum. 

No! Why should National League teams who abide by the rules miss out due to Bury 'cheating'? I guess you could say that for teams below whichever league Bury try again from but I think it should National North at very very best. I honestly feel for the fans and businesses affected by this - it must be horrendous - but to get permission to regenerate in League Two less than 12 months after all this? Farcical. The club has gone, time to start again.

• 3 weeks later...

EFL Clubs voting today to see if Bury will be re-instated into L2 next season.

Apparently most clubs are strongly against it, especially the L2 clubs so likely to be rejected.

Three options will be offered:

Stay at 71 EFL Teams (23 in L2 next season)

Have 72 next season with only 1 relegation from L2

Have 72 Next season with an extra promotion spot from the NL or Bury returning.

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

As expected Bury rejected by EFL clubs and they have decided to back the idea of 1 relegation spot from L2 to bring the numbers back to 72.

So have to finish bottom to go down this season.

Not that League two sides are looking after themselves by voting for only one relegation spot of course.

The most sensical decision would have been to promote an extra National League side, but when did common sense ever come into it when you can take advantage of the Bury situation to suit yourselves.

8 weeks ago we all expected 2 clubs to be relegated.
Whatever the rights or wrongs of the debate clubs have acted in self preservation.
There but for the grace of god go i.......disappointed for the Bury fans.

It’s complicated, why does a team that have not played this season deserve an EFL spot over a team that has competed and financially soundly?

Archived