onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bury

robf

Advert

38 minutes ago, mikey said:

two more buyers have turned up according to bbc North West, one potential and one definite, but I suspect that it is too late.

I still think the that despite their perilous position, old Fat Face will still play a part in this.

This time last week it was quoted that The Blue One had completed his due diligence to potentially purchase the club, only for Dale to refuse his no doubt derisory offer.

But if the story about the EFL actually asking Smurthwaite to buy Bury is true, they may give him a bit of leeway to complete a deal.

I never thought that I would wish Smurfthwaite on anyone, but if it’s him or oblivion there is, unfortunately, only one option.

12 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

I have a feeling that Norman will end up with Bury.

Darragh Macanthony (Peterborough owner) has been on talksport saying that he personally knows somebody that is ready and waiting to buy the club. Rumblings on Twitter that it is fat Norman. 

The former Gateshead owner is one of them.

Can you imagine how tubby will milk the understandable adulation he will receive from Shakers everywhere if he was to save Bury ? 

In someways I really hope that this scenario plays out. At least one of our oldest adversaries would still be alive and kicking which is what I’m sure, as a fellow lower league club, we would all want,

But, as soon as Bury’s future is assured, fans need to immediately see how he can be replaced.

As we all know about Smurfthwaite he is not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy.

14 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

I have a feeling that Norman will end up with Bury.

Darragh Macanthony (Peterborough owner) has been on talksport saying that he personally knows somebody that is ready and waiting to buy the club. Rumblings on Twitter that it is fat Norman. 

Poor old Sexman buying another football club by accident? Who'd have thought it?

8 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

He’s apparently as mental as Norman according to their fans on Twitter. 

Has this Gateshead guy been run down by a taxi ? Or beat up by a female employee’s irate husband ?  Or dressed up like a children’s tv character whilst representing the club he owns ? Or taken an alleged £100,000 fee off a lifetime fan so he could act as a faux pas chairman for a year ? Or feed his own players with stale left over pies from the previous home match ? Or abuse his own team’s fans on social media after too much Vino De Calapso ? Or buy another clubs ground and starves his own club of investment whilst it is facing relegation from the Football League ? Or make friends with a convicted rapist ? Or watch another league team whilst his own is playing ? Or .........

Not that I’m bitter of course.

Tragic, a stark reminder of what could of happened and a real shock it has actually happened.

Ironically our game at their place was the last time they kicked a ball in anger and the friendly the last time they kicked a ball in any form. Not a good part of history to have played a part in.

Hurts as a fan of a traditional EFL club and hopefully this at least causes reform into the EFL and how clubs are allowed to run.

Archived