onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bury

robf

Advert

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Lots of people expecting an extension, apparently 4 offers on the table as of today now, I imagine they will drag it out. Sky SN said they will likely give one, possibly starting from Tuesday.

They can't keep doing that though can they? The fixture congestion is immense now and would be unmanageable if they left it any longer. There has to be a quick resolution one way or the other, and for Bury's sake I hope they allow them to start playing, whether with a buyer or not. Problem is who's going to play for them on zero wages?

12 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

They can't keep doing that though can they? The fixture congestion is immense now and would be unmanageable if they left it any longer. There has to be a quick resolution one way or the other, and for Bury's sake I hope they allow them to start playing, whether with a buyer or not. Problem is who's going to play for them on zero wages?

Well if there are offers on the table & Dale agrees to one, I imagine they will give them extra time, & then if it goes through, they'll have to lift the transfer embargo, otherwise Bury won't be able to start playing games. Either way, I reckon they're 100% going down as they won't be able to sign anything decent, they'll have a thrown together team of loans, youth & the little amount of seniors they have left. Be a similar situation to Bolton.

I don't think there's any way back for either team even if the matters off the pitch are sorted, they're almost certainly both going to be relegated, even at this early stage.

Phil Neville is quoted as saying that the demise of Bury is disgraceful. Maybe it wouldn’t have been if he and his mates would have put their money into a proper club such as Bury instead of entertaining themselves by creating that Frankenstein tin pot Salford gimmick   Even FC United had a moral behind it 

Despite Dale’s claims to have sold the club, I feel there are more twists and turns ahead.

The new “owners” have still not completed the deal and appealed to the EFL for more time so as they can “continue to explore the prospects for a purchase”

Hardly sounds like a deal has been done to me.

3 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

What happens next? Do they get huge points deduction this season for not fulfilling fixtures and/or something next season in league 2 or just start next season as though nothing has happened?

Would have to play the postponed games during the season, I assume there are enough mid week slots available otherwise they would have to play 2 games in some mid-weeks. Where they get players from? Bolton in same situation. Further sanctions always an option maybe down to other chairman to push or not.  For the future I think, the present is not settled yet.

12 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

I'm guessing that means if the deal isn't done by the deadline Bury are expelled. 

There was only so long the League were prepared to wait and it looks like they've reached the end of the process.

I think so, this is the last deadline.

On 08/08/2019 at 19:00, rayzer said:

The EFL openly said that that when Steve Dale bought the club in December last year that he had not passed the "fit and proper" test, so in reality it is mainly their fault that this has dragged on for so long. When Vale fans wrote to them about our previous owner they put their heads in the sand and came out with the excuse that the EFL was only there to organise the football league and cup games. 

So what is their role?

I do hope that if Bury were kicked out of the league at this late stage then the EFL has to carry the can and I hope that the other twenty three clubs in division one sue the EFL for the amount of money possibly lost in revenue by playing one game less when all league club projections will be for twenty threebgames played and not twenty two.

Has Steve Day been arrested yet?

No one should be surprised that Dale failed the fit and proper test when 43 of the 51 companies he has been associated with have been liquidated.

You couldn't make it up.

Archived