onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bury

robf

Advert

EFL Statement   Bury FC

As a result of not meeting Monday’s 5pm deadline, which had been extended on two previous occasions, the EFL Board feels it has been placed in an unenviable position and, regrettably, has opted to take the reluctant decision to suspend Saturday’s opening day fixture with MK Dons under the provision of EFL Regulation 28.2.

In addition, the EFL Board, if not in possession of the necessary evidence by 12pm on Friday 2 August 2019, will make a determination as to whether to suspend Bury’s away fixture at Accrington Stanley on Saturday 10 August 2019.

As has been the case throughout this entire process, the EFL will continue to offer its full assistance to the ownership at Bury, but remains clear that while the League is here to support the Club through some extremely complex and complicated issues, the outstanding matters can only be resolved with the cooperation from the Club itself.

The Chairman has issued the following statement after the Accrington Stanley game was postponed by the EFL:

BURY FOOTBALL CLUB HAVE BEEN TONIGHT DEALT A GRAVE INJUSTICE.

I today have seen the biggest injustice I have ever seen from this alleged body there to help clubs “the EFL.”

Again after submitting all that was asked from the EFL from our Lawyer, we got a call late tonight saying they are postponing our fixture with Accrington Stanley. 

Grounds given to our Lawyer from Nick Craig “we want to substantiate some figures that may or may not be correct” we requested what these were as we could answer them there and then, the reply “we will get them to you as soon as we can but we are all at matches this weekend” and so would Bury fans if the EFL played with a straight bat.

Why did they not wait till Monday to again postpone our fixture if something was missing, we have the weekend to get any information to them, but no once again they prove they are clearly “The Destroyer of Clubs” where malice and vindictive actions take precedence over the whole premise of the EFL TO HELP CLUBS.

Let me list below the requirements sent from there Solicitor which we had to comply with, facts in bold, I do this to prevent ambiguity.

1.) Confirmation and evidence that all outstanding sums due to players will (or have been) paid in full to the satisfaction of the EFL and the PFA; THE PFA CONFIRMED TO THE EFL THAT THIS HAD BEEN AGREED TO THE SATISFACTION OF BOTH PARTIES.

2.) Receipt of written evidence of a bank account with £1.5m in it or a guaranteed line of credit for this amount freely available to the Club (and not any third party) which will allow the Club to operate in the 2019/2020 season;  A LETTER OF CREDIT WAS GIVEN TODAY FOR £1.65M.

3.) A certificate/email confirming that the SAG has approved that the Stadium is fit for purpose and that all the necessary plans are in place for the 2019/2020 season; THEY WERE DONE BEFORE THEIR LAST STATEMENT.

ALL THE ABOVE I CAN PROVE AND BACK UP 100%.

I could've gone into the ill truths last time, that tried to discredit me and can disprove any allegations about me, but this beats them all, the deal was struck with our Lawyer and we were just waiting for them to say all is good so we can sign our players who 100% want to play for Bury and have waited patiently, the EFL are aware these players will have to sign elsewhere and seem to be dragging this out till we lose them as nobody expected us to save Bury never mind get players signing of the calibre we have so clearly there is an agenda here, I was told tonight by Debbie Jevans when I said just let us sign our team please before we lose them, the reply “you can play with your youth”, I REST MY CASE.

Regards,

Steven D Dale

the efl and fa are too arrogant and ruining football, problems are getting more n more common yet they sit on their hands & out touch to what going on at ground level, they think they know best and football is here because of them not the other way round.

They are an establishment whom govern and make their own rules and the only people you can complain to about them is them, needs total change or a formulation of another governing body and/or league..simply they create problems not solve them then hide behind their rules and say its not us..They are a big problem but in time change will have to happen football has lost its togetherness apart from club fans relationship and this is even getting tested as rogue owners are allowed to run amock but of course the fa/efl go into hiding unless they can issue fines or put the blame onto another party.

feel for bury fans , this would have been us and all so preventable if the powers that be got theirs heads out of their backside.

now feel much better for getting that off me chest

I suspect that the EFL’s patience has simply run out with all the shenanigans that have been going on at Gigg Lane in recent months.

The EFL have given the Bury hierarchy ample opportunities to provide the required funds and  assurances. Now it’s zero hour and Dale complains about lack of support, while doing little himself to alleviate the problems in the months gone by.

I sincerely hope that one of our oldest clubs can survive, but that outcome is looking less and less likely as the days go by.

3 hours ago, elav trop 1876 said:

the efl and fa are too arrogant and ruining football, problems are getting more n more common yet they sit on their hands & out touch to what going on at ground level, they think they know best and football is here because of them not the other way round.

They are an establishment whom govern and make their own rules and the only people you can complain to about them is them, needs total change or a formulation of another governing body and/or league..simply they create problems not solve them then hide behind their rules and say its not us..They are a big problem but in time change will have to happen football has lost its togetherness apart from club fans relationship and this is even getting tested as rogue owners are allowed to run amock but of course the fa/efl go into hiding unless they can issue fines or put the blame onto another party.

feel for bury fans , this would have been us and all so preventable if the powers that be got theirs heads out of their backside.

now feel much better for getting that off me chest

Are not the rules agreed by the club chairmen? From memory the Championship clubs are full members, whereas L1 and L2 do not have individual votes. Thus the system is run to suit the bigger clubs, but would splitting again help? The Prem took the money and ran, will Prem 2 do the same? Football is a business and monitoring the financial aspects is probably a minefield but it has to be tackled, however  financial juggling is a profitable activity and costly to investigate, quite obviously the right questions are not being asked. I wonder what effect Carol will have at the Chairman`s  meetings?

I think it's inevitable that they're thrown out the league.

On one hand it is a tragedy for true Bury fans, an another hand it is a necessary step from the EFL to show that this type of financial mismanagement can no longer be tolerated. Obviously there's a debate to be had over how or why these idiots are allowed to get their hands on something like a football league club, but that's a wider issue.

I'd be miffed if we'd finished fourth last season at the expense of a team who were clearly 'financially doping' - in a way I'm glad that they were irrelevant to us last season. 

It's too easy to blame the EFL on this. I very much doubt they would postpone games and look to kick a club out of the league unless there were issues not being met. It's very easy for the owner to post in capitals that things have been done, but they obviously haven't been because Bolton were in the same situation and they appear to have sorted everything out. 

As much as I don't want a team like Bury to go, if it stops other clubs living beyond their means and winning promotions due to players that they can't afford, then maybe it's a worthwhile sacrifice. Thank the Lord for sensible owners. I'd rather be a perpetual League Two/League One club than gamble on the Championship and end up out of existence

The EFL openly said that that when Steve Dale bought the club in December last year that he had not passed the "fit and proper" test, so in reality it is mainly their fault that this has dragged on for so long. When Vale fans wrote to them about our previous owner they put their heads in the sand and came out with the excuse that the EFL was only there to organise the football league and cup games. 

So what is their role?

I do hope that if Bury were kicked out of the league at this late stage then the EFL has to carry the can and I hope that the other twenty three clubs in division one sue the EFL for the amount of money possibly lost in revenue by playing one game less when all league club projections will be for twenty threebgames played and not twenty two.

Has Steve Day been arrested yet?

Archived