onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bury

robf

That might be the case but if said scumbag called a ref an f in cheat he’d face a massive fine. Owners should have to lodge bonds of say 500k with the EFL to safeguard people’s income.

They can do something they just don’t want to.

That incident would be dealt with by the FA though and not by the EFL. Two separate organisations.

Advert

That might be the case but if said scumbag called a ref an f in cheat he’d face a massive fine. Owners should have to lodge bonds of say 500k with the EFL to safeguard people’s income.

They can do something they just don’t want to.

Yes that could get organised one way or another. I guess it needs some way of scaling. It has to cope with diverging budgets e.g. Bolton Wanderers and Bury levels of budgets.

An in-depth analysis of how Bury accrued their debts by the ever-excellent David Conn -

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/18/bury-inside-story-financial-ruin-winding-up-petition-loans-car-park

It's just staggering and shocking.

A reminder. If anyone can help fans have set up a Go Fund Me page for Bury here - https://uk.gofundme.com/save-bury-football-club

It does but generally these are excuses when the investment was inherently risky/flawed and sometimes a scam in the first place. Investors have found out that their deposits have been propping up a football club losing money hand over fist. These funds aren't designed to be sold to the general public and any IFA doing so would be in serious bother.

Bury were back in court today to face May’s adjourned winding up order by HMRC.

Proceedings adjourned for a further six weeks after intervention by the local MP. However, HMRC were allowed by the judge to add a further £350,000 to Bury’s debt.

They’re still alive, but for how much longer ? Possibly just 6 weeks.

It appears the Bury owe HMRC in excess of £1 million. How on earth has the Football League allowed them to accrue such a debt? I thought they were supposed to monitor clubs’ finances so that this didn’t happen?

Trying to do some fag packet calculations but a seven figure sum doesn’t pass a sense check for unpaid PAYE / NIC unless it went back over a good couple of years or so? I wonder if there have been some VAT shenanigans?

It appears the Bury owe HMRC in excess of £1 million. How on earth has the Football League allowed them to accrue such a debt? I thought they were supposed to monitor clubs’ finances so that this didn’t happen?

In a reply from the EFL to my query re.points deductions due to going into liquidation they told me that they dont get involved into the financial affairs of clubs because it is the owners business and his responsibility to run the club in a proper manner.

They also said that they provide support for owners when required.

Make of that what you will.

I have unfortunately deleted the email.

An in-depth analysis of how Bury accrued their debts by the ever-excellent David Conn -

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/18/bury-inside-story-financial-ruin-winding-up-petition-loans-car-park

It's just staggering and shocking.

Very well researched and written. A stark reminder for those on here who bemoan the fact we are a club trying to live within our means

Very well researched and written. A stark reminder for those on here who bemoan the fact we are a club trying to live within our means

Thank God we have Carol and Kevin at the helm. To those keyboard warriors moaning about signing Ryan Lloyd et al read this and weep. We have a good chance of being able to see Port Vale in the future. I am not sure Bury fans can say the same.

I was in Truro Market today and came a cross a guy running a music stall. He had a small Bury banner hanging in his stall and his missus brought him a cup of tea in a Bury mug. We were chatting to him for ages - he had travelled up from Cornwall for the Vale game because he thought it might be the last game the club played. He was in despair about his club and had almost resigned himself to the club’s demise.

We were talking about how these Prem fans don’t know they’re born. Manure fans whinging because they’d missed out on the Champs League just makes you laugh when you see what’s happening to clubs like Bury who are being destroyed by crooks in it for financial gain.

Archived