onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

George Best statue

robf

Advert

It's ridiculously bad.

In fact it's sacrilege.

He was the greatest footballer I've had the privilege to see live on a number occasions and deserves better.

Had he played at the top level internationally he'd be feted all over the world.

Didn't Pele reckon he was the best player he'd seen?

Melt it down. Bin it. Start all over again for goodness sake.

S

It's ridiculously bad.

In fact it's sacrilege.

He was the greatest footballer I've had the privilege to see live on a number occasions and deserves better.

Had he played at the top level internationally he'd be feted all over the world.

Didn't Pele reckon he was the best player he'd seen?

Melt it down. Bin it. Start all over again for goodness sake.

Is it another James Corden wind up?

These commissions cost an awful lot of money. When they are this bad (like the Cristiano Ronaldo one also) isn’t there some sort of law where you don’t have to pay the sculptor, let alone exhibit it ?

I think the sculpturer who did the Ronaldo one redid his. I think he had a bit of an artistic hissy-fit where he wouldn't admit he did it because it was bad but simply because he wanted to tweak his original or something like that.

Edit - yes, here we go. He changed it to a "more serious" expression instead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43598431

That new one's rubbish it looks nothing like Niall Quinn!

That one is wonderfully bad. Even his mother wouldn't recognise him! Ha Ha the sculpture got the ball right though.:laugh:

I think the secret to being bad and avoiding ridicule is to be bad and humourous. The Best statue is bad and depressing.

Archived