onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

May on the way??

Jacko51

Advert

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

With my "Theoretical money" I'd stick it in a savings account cause the economy would collapse, interest rates would soar, inflation would be rampant and no doubt what ever I did with it it would devalue if not become worthless......another Venezuela.

Laughable.

We functioned as a mixed economy from the late 1940s until public industries were dismantled (privatised) in the mid 1980s. This was during the 'never had it so good' 50s and 60s and only came to an end owing to Thatcher and her free market (which actually means 'free as long as you can afford it') dogma.

I don't hear Corbyn proposing anything different from the earlier model. Unless you and the Daily Mail know better?

All the likely suspects are out laughing at our  collective democratic rights being trampled on I see.

I don't understand how you can be outraged by austerity but completely fine with democracy being thrown out of the window.

I hope we don't see rioting but a tyrannical Government abusing the will of the people would do funny things.

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

All the likely suspects are out laughing at our  collective democratic rights being trampled on I see.

I don't understand how you can be outraged by austerity but completely fine with democracy being thrown out of the window.

I hope we don't see rioting but a tyrannical Government abusing the will of the people would do funny things.

How can democratic rights be trampled on by an act of democracy, i.e. by a second referendum?

You couldn't make it up.

4 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Laughable.

We functioned as a mixed economy from the late 1940s until public industries were dismantled (privatised) in the mid 1980s. This was during the 'never had it so good' 50s and 60s and only came to an end owing to Thatcher and her free market (which actually means 'free as long as you can afford it') dogma.

I don't hear Corbyn proposing anything different from the earlier model. Unless you and the Daily Mail know better?

Stop being a dick, just responded for a bit of fun to FUA.

As I've said before, it is my belief politicians don't give a toss about vox populi and democracy.

This morning I was listening to a 'clipboard' version of UK politics and the same as yesterday very little - if any - referenced Brexit. Instead, the headlines were more about the forthcoming GE plus the Tories 'aggressive attack?' on Corbyn's ability to win an election and gain residency in No. 10.   

in the meantime the Oxbridge civil servants seem to be flexing their humble, but genuine efforts to help the conservative side politics achieve their aim.

Brexit!? What about Brexit?

35 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

As I've said before, it is my belief politicians don't give a toss about vox populi and democracy.

This morning I was listening to a 'clipboard' version of UK politics and the same as yesterday very little - if any - referenced Brexit. Instead, the headlines were more about the forthcoming GE plus the Tories 'aggressive attack?' on Corbyn's ability to win an election and gain residency in No. 10.   

in the meantime the Oxbridge civil servants seem to be flexing their humble, but genuine efforts to help the conservative side politics achieve their aim.

The gladiators have left the arena Barry,  the fights over, the battle has ended and the blood has been spilt.... there is very little political gain left, both political parties have battered each other and themselves way past the point of gaining votes from the Christians who wait to be crucified... (other religions are available).

When another champion of the praetorians has been selected and the legions reorganized the games will restart..... after a short recess and a P up at the conference perhaps?

Meanwhile back with the masses.... Nero it tuning up the fiddle and readying the torches to scourge the land of the scurvy that has engulfed the empire..... (other diseases are available).... and bombardier Billy Wells is striking the gong for a new film... carry on up s**t creek without a paddle..... (other titles are available) 

9 hours ago, Heatwave said:

How can democratic rights be trampled on by an act of democracy, i.e. by a second referendum?

You couldn't make it up. 

How is a second referendum an act of democracy if we've set a precedent that referendum results will ignored?

It's not democracy if they make us keep voting until we return the answer that the majority  do not want.

You have made it up.

4 hours ago, geosname said:

The gladiators have left the arena Barry,  the fights over, the battle has ended and the blood has been spilt.... there is very little political gain left, both political parties have battered each other and themselves way past the point of gaining votes from the Christians who wait to be crucified... (other religions are available).

When another champion of the praetorians has been selected and the legions reorganized the games will restart..... after a short recess and a P up at the conference perhaps?

Meanwhile back with the masses.... Nero it tuning up the fiddle and readying the torches to scourge the land of the scurvy that has engulfed the empire..... (other diseases are available).... and bombardier Billy Wells is striking the gong for a new film... carry on up s**t creek without a paddle..... (other titles are available) 

Brilliant Geo 🤣

Monty Python's in Thailand...

5 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

Brexit only for a minute portion of the electorate to decide on, but it is being wrapped up in all manner of fancy promises from the magic money tree, when the potential or hardest PM has been chosen all hell can break loose. An election between 4 parties in a 2 party system is only certain to be uncertain. It may never be called, HM may step in, who knows?

14 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Brexit only for a minute portion of the electorate to decide on, but it is being wrapped up in all manner of fancy promises from the magic money tree, when the potential or hardest PM has been chosen all hell can break loose. An election between 4 parties in a 2 party system is only certain to be uncertain. It may never be called, HM may step in, who knows?

Taking it back for her 12th great-granduncle Henry VIII - off with their heads the lot of them.

As for politicians making promises...I'd rather take my chances in a penny arcade to get my coin back.

3 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

Taking it back for her 12th great-granduncle Henry VIII - off with their heads the lot of them.

As for politicians making promises...I'd rather take my chances in a penny arcade to get my coin back.

Do as the politician's do Barry...... use someone else's coin.

Archived