onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

May on the way??

Jacko51

11 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Regal, there's no nice about it, the pound started to fall when the referendum was muted/announced and on the day of the referendum the pound effectively devalued, the UK hasn't left yet but it's voted to leave, look at the data it's there for everyone to see. 

If I'd got a few million to spare I'd hedge my bets and invest some in sterling 'cause eventually it will rise against the dollar especially if a 2nd referendum is announced and the result was to remain, potentially easy money.

What would you do with your money if the Marxists ever get in?

Advert

11 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Regal, there's no nice about it, the pound started to fall when the referendum was muted/announced and on the day of the referendum the pound effectively devalued, the UK hasn't left yet but it's voted to leave, look at the data it's there for everyone to see. 

If I'd got a few million to spare I'd hedge my bets and invest some in sterling 'cause eventually it will rise against the dollar especially if a 2nd referendum is announced and the result was to remain, potentially easy money.

If i remember correctly the £ went up before the referendum and dropped sharply afterwards.

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Rioting gammon would be very funny.

I had the same mental picture. Police with riot shields sheltering from a hail of Zimmer frames.

Let's face it, those most put out by a vote to remain aren't exactly the rioting type. They do, though, have exactly the same choice as the rest of us - through the ballot box at the next election. That's why the Tories are running scared as a split in the right wing vote between them and Brexit will deliver Corbyn into no. 10.

Bring it on.

1 hour ago, geosname said:

If i remember correctly the £ went up before the referendum and dropped sharply afterwards.

That's because most pollsters forecast a vote to remain. When the actual result was known, that's when the pound fell.

More nonsense from BoJ.

"There is £26bn of headroom, the money is there, but we also think there is room to make some sensible tax cuts as well"

Boris Johnson says the UK has enough money in reserve to prepare for a no-deal #Brexit, increase education spending and cut taxes (link: http://bbc.in/2NpfIXi) bbc.in/2NpfIXi

So we have enough money to spend on no deal, schools and tax cuts but still needing such savage cuts that the safety net has been dismatled for many of those in need. We have 26bn of 'headroom' (whatever the <ovf censored> that is) but have 1/5 of the population living in poverty with "close to 40% of children predicted to be living in poverty by 2021" ?

Christ, just bring on an election and we can boot these callous <ovf censored> out on their arses.

7 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

More nonsense from BoJ.

So we have enough money to spend on no deal, schools and tax cuts but still needing such savage cuts that the safety net has been dismatled for many of those in need. We have 26bn of 'headroom' (whatever the <ovf censored> that is) but have 1/5 of the population living in poverty with "close to 40% of children predicted to be living in poverty by 2021" ?

Christ, just bring on an election and we can boot these callous <ovf censored> out on their arses.

Depends how you define poverty.

The definition doesn't matter when you have vast swathes of the UK where people's lives are due to the tories' austerity policies. Then, suddenly, we have 26bn to spend. Y'know, <ovf censored> the people in Harpurhey who can't access mental health services, or the homeless families who are being placed in rat infested boarding houses or the multitudes who have had their lives  over by Universal Credit. We now have 26bn to give tax cuts to the wealthy. Obviously the doddery old gammon that make up the tory membership don't give a flying one about the poor and vulnerable, the schools where teachers have to make lunches for their pupils because their parents can't afford to provide one, or the children that the UN find are living in abject poverty, just so long as they have to pay a little less of their 80k+ a year to the treasury.

4 hours ago, geosname said:

Geo, Without looking I remember the overall trend vs the US Dollar was down from the time the referendum was muted/announced, it has been low since the referendum with the usual flotsam and jetsum mainly due to the trade shananigans between the US and China according to the financial press.

4 hours ago, For Us All said:

What would you do with your money if the Marxists ever get in?

With my "Theoretical money" I'd stick it in a savings account cause the economy would collapse, interest rates would soar, inflation would be rampant and no doubt what ever I did with it it would devalue if not become worthless......another Venezuela.

34 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Geo, Without looking I remember the overall trend vs the US Dollar was down from the time the referendum was muted/announced, it has been low since the referendum with the usual flotsam and jetsum mainly due to the trade shananigans between the US and China according to the financial press.

The only thing I can remember about it mate is getting 50+ bht to the £ on referendum day and 46 bht a couple of days later....... it was down to 36 bht the other day..

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

With my "Theoretical money" I'd stick it in a savings account cause the economy would collapse, interest rates would soar, inflation would be rampant and no doubt what ever I did with it it would devalue if not become worthless......another Venezuela.

So everybody would be poorer and more people would be plunged into poverty?

Archived